What are patented shoes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've seen two pairs of the same shoes, one patented one is not, same price. So what does patented mean?

Thanks in advance

Yeah... Patent leather shoes are much shiner and look almost plastic..

oo I see, thanks although when I see things online the patent ones and the 'regular' ones really don't look different at all even though they are noticeably different pictures of the same style.

could you post the pics? maybe they don't look all that different in the pics, but chances are they'll look quite different in real life. Patent leather shoes have been treated with a high-gloss liquid to give them a super-shiny finish.

Regular leather is most likely only buffed or polished with a cloth to create shine, but it will not look even remotely as shiny as a patent shoe
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif could you post the pics? maybe they don't look all that different in the pics, but chances are they'll look quite different in real life. Patent leather shoes have been treated with a high-gloss liquid to give them a super-shiny finish.
Regular leather is most likely only buffed or polished with a cloth to create shine, but it will not look even remotely as shiny as a patent shoe
smile.gif

I think I know what you're talking about. I don't have the pictures, it's just that sometimes when I look at shoes on gojane.com they have the same shoes except one is patented.

Back