Do you set a schedule for browsing the net?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you ladies set specific times you log on to the internet or set times for how long you will stay on different sites?

I have a schedule because for some reason my husband loves my laptop rather than the desktop, so I try to even out the times between us. I usally try to spend 30-45 min. on a site, but since I use IE 8, I can be on five different sites at the same time, which makes it easier for me to browse accordingly.

But, I can stay on MUT like forever just browsing or chatting...and not make my lunch for the next day or whatever...I've also gotten bad on Twitter...it's a dang on shame.

No i dont really have a schedule. You wont really see me online at work but now with cellphones i think im on it all day. Pretty bad. lol

A who for a what?
biggrin.gif

My schedule is: while I am home and my husband is at work. So, all day.
laughing.gif

I m not really on it on it all day, I just have the laptop going and I come back and check in fro time to time, unless I am actually chatting or on a good moving thread on a message board then I hang around.

I turn the computer on at night as well (obviously) after he goes to bed.

I'm mainly on here when I'm at work but it's a long 9 hour day for me. Funny enough, it's here where I can catch up on everything. Once I'm home, I have so much to do that if I'm online anywhere I'm most likely on my phone as I can take it anywhere with me.

Pretty much 7am to 11pm, on and off thanks to my Blackberry.. Gauranteed I don't log on when I'm sleeping. Lol.

gosh, I do. I'm totally lame, I have an 'order' of websites that I prefer to visit, saving my favourites for last.

First I check all of my 4 emails (gmail, hotmail, university, work gmail)

then here, and facebook

then webcomics that I read daily

then ravelry.com (another forum, about knitting) to see if anyone has responded to me

then cuteoverload.com and all the ihasahotdog.com websites...

then i usually start over with the sites that might have updates (facebook, email, mut, other forums, etc)

lol I know I'm OCD!

haha sometimes!! Depending if I have spent a lot of time on it previously, then i'll try not to spend so much time on it other nights... espec' if hubby is feeling a little neglected :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't, i log whenever i can. I check first my mails, then i log on mut and log on YT (it's linked to my gmail account), and then i have another tab for leisure research and another tab for uni work, and i tend to be on different sites at the same time. And listen to music lol. I have to do numerous things at once.

Not on a schedule but I really should start using one since I waste so much time on forums!

Originally Posted by leahvictoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'll try not to spend so much time on it other nights... espec' if hubby is feeling a little neglected :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Men can such babies...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif A who for a what?
biggrin.gif
LOL Exactly!! I am on whenever I can be!

I try to get on whenever I can, and usually stay on for a while because when my brother gets on you can forget about getting back on because he will be up here forever!

Update: I deleted my Twitter account, so I can spend time on MUT of course. My schedule is alot more limited because I have enrolled in online school, but I try to get on alot more often.

I feel like i should set a schedual, i have a bad habbit of checking the few sites i do go to obsessivley.

I have no reason to check my email every half hour, but i do. So i am thinking i may have to set an internet schedual or something

Back