Question about companies like AVON?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Im just wondering what other companies besides AVON, mark., and Mary Kay have independent sales representatives? I would like to become an independent sales representative for a makeup company, but there are so many Mary Kay and Avon reps where I live its not even funny. Does anyone have any information? Thanks.

Hi princesasabia,

I understand what you mean because before I became an avon and mark. rep, I was skeptical about how I would do with sales. Now that I've been selling for the passt seven months I can really say that your hard work and dedication to your customer is what will set you apart. Competition is always going to be a serving factor in the selling industry, but whatever you put into your business, you are sure to get out of it.

I did find some other beauty companys you could look into though. Try visiting Cosmetic & Skin Care Direct Sales Companies - Beauty Home Party Plan or you can google 'beauty direct sellers' to give you a general idea of some other good places to look.

**I have heard that Arbonne is a pretty good company, but focuses more on skincare that cosmetics.

Good luck!

Thanks so much Beautifulymade!!!! I have found several other companies that Im going to look into and do some thorough research on!!

Good luck to you too!

I'm a Mary Kay rep and I agree with Beautifulymade. I've have had people come to me and start using me instead of the rep they had cause of different reasons. I would say go with the company you use. Why sell something you dont use and don't believe in.....

I don't know if they still do, but the Body Shop used to do The Body Shop at Home. Granted, they have more than make up too, like skin care, body care, etc. but from what I understand it would be a good job to have. I don't know what the saturation is in your area, but here where I live, I almost thought about doing it--we used to have a store here but they closed, and I have a hard time finding someone here who sells it.

It might be worth checking in to, for an idea anyway...

Hi hun, I'm a Tyra Beauty Rep and it has been great so far. If you really put your work into it, it is a great industry. The success this line is having is because it is owned by Tyra Banks. And it specializes in contouring. and that is HUGE right now! 

I just want to echo what @@BeautifullyMADE said. Sure, the product is important, but it's really your relationship with your customer that will set you apart. You make a niche for yourself not just with your products but with your personality, service, product knowledge, etc.

Having so many representatives also means you will probably have better resources in terms of mentorship or other services from the company that will help you grow.

Back