Hawaii Holiday

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mother is going to Hawaii for a holiday, 28thdec/6thjan. Honolulu and Maui.

Anyone been/live there that can suggest interesting places and things for older women to do? (she is going with a group of friends)

Thanks for any responses
smile.gif

I've never been to Maui but have visited Oahu (Honolulu, Waikiki). I don't know if they plan on renting a car. Public transit is excellent on the island plus there are many bus tours. I would suggest a circle island bus tour. It's an all day tour and I found it interesting. Each company offers several tours depending on which sites you want to see.

On the streets there are kiosks boxes with brochures. They will advertise different tour companies, restaurants. Also the hotels often have information at the front desks.

Some interesting places they may enjoy which I saw on guided tours are Kualoa Ranch Hawaii for outdoor adventures, tours and activities on Oahu, Polynesian Cultural Center Official Site - Best Luau Oahu, Hawaii which are accessible by car, or guided tours.

There is plenty of shopping in Waikiki from cheap to high end. Ala Moana Center: Hawaii's Premier Shopping, Entertainment, and Dining Destination is a great place to shop and the International Market Place in Waikiki.

I also enjoyed relaxing at Waikiki Beach and swimming. If their into snorkeling, Hanauma Bay is a good place. Its about 30 minutes outside of Waikiki, accessible by transit or car. Even if your not into snorkeling its a relaxing place to see.

They won't be bored! I hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back