2012..End of the world? What do you think?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mod notice: Just a heads up that this is an old thread that was brought back to life.  Some of the information in this thread may still be helpful, but keep in mind that many of the posts and poster opinions may be outdated!

Lately I've been seeing a lot of apocalyptic documentaries and discussions about the end of the world in the year 2012. Specifically December 21, 2012. Supposedly the Mayans, who have been extremely accurate with astronomical predictions even with no high-tech tools, had a calendar that stops abruptly on this date. Some say that they predict this to be the end of the world...Theories range from a change in the earth's axis, causing extreme weather, floods, etc, to an unknown planet-- what they call "Planet X" coming into close contact with the earth...there's really a lot more to these theories that would be too long to explain...If it sounds interesting to you, please feel free to look it up on youtube.
smile.gif
there's lots of documentaries there...there's also a movie about it with Cusack coming out in November.

I sure hope it doesn't happen!!! That's only three years from now!

To those who have heard about it, what do you guys think?

I Heard of this & its all interesting But I Have my own beliefs & I read into alot of what one Particular Woman writer says & I dont believe 2012 is the end!!!!

I watched a Science channel show "10 ways the earth could me destroyed". And a few of them were plausable.. Getting smashed by an astaroid.. Earth stops spinning.. Sun explodes.. Someone sneaks antimater into the core?? Lol.

I'll bet the dinosaurs were having a simular conversation just before they went extinct... If something happens you have no control over then it happens.. No sense in worring about it..

I don't believe it. I know there are a lot of theories out there and what not but seriously, everyone freaked out when we got to the year 2000, wasn't the world supposed to end back then and NOTHING happened, I think if the world was going to 'end' in 3 years I'm pretty sure some messed up things would be happening right now, not just all of a sudden end on December 21, 2012. People just freak out about anything these days, and if it does end up happening there isn't anything anyone can do about it so why bother worrying?

I think not, it is really interesting though (do you remember the show called Veritas the quest ? Can't believe it got cancelled after just one season, but the main plot revolves around it).

Hmm.. that being the case, I know exactly what I'll be doing come 11:59pm on 12.20.12. Just in case, I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing during that last precious moment.
wink.gif

anything is possible but I doubt it. I thought it was supposed to be December 12 ...

12/12/12

there have been many who thought they knew when the world was going to end. 1984 comes to mind as well as the year 2000. both of those have come and gone and nothing happened.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think not, it is really interesting though (do you remember the show called Veritas the quest ? Can't believe it got cancelled after just one season, but the main plot revolves around it). Hmm sounds familiar but I don't remember seeing it on tv...I just looked it up on yt, it looks really interesting.

I do not believe it is the end, but the start of a new life. I believe it will be a new beginning, there is a reason why every one of the prophets that existed throughout history have written about the so-called end. It isn't anything but something that the earth and many other planets out there and solar systems go through every 36,000 years. The same way the human body goes through biological, physiological and spiritual changes so does the earth as a living being. That being said, people who ignore about these changes should pay more attention to the events that are happening with our climate and the extreme weather that we are having all over the world, floodings, seismic activity, volcanoes, and global warming, that is NOT caused by humans, and has been proven scientifically, since, Venus, Pluto, Jupiter, Neptune and Mars are going through global warming as well, but i bet you they don't drive SUV's over there
wink.gif

2012 is a more complex event, and it is an event that has happened before, when our planet goes through the center of the galaxy bringing with it a lot of what people will and have always called 'disasters'. If you have read some of the books about prophecies, not only the Mayans, but the Egyptians, the Incans, the Sumerians, etc have prophecies that talk about these changes, according to them some of these major changes occur in 2010, bringing the global meltdown of the economical system and with this famine around the world due to the lack of food resources, we are already seeing some of these things happening in some parts of the world, where the flooding and the drought have caused a lot of crops to be destroyed. This is information that is and has been given to people so that they can be prepared, not panicked over these events. I think it would be too stupid for the creator of all things to create life just to destroy it, it doesn't make sense, not even if you try to make sense out of it with 'human logic'.

For those who think that nothing will happen, i give it a couple of months after 2010 before they start noticing, and those that have called people that can see the earth changes and the coming of something new 'crazy', in the end, they will see that these people who talk about this are not as crazy as they thought they were, and will wish they would have listened to them instead of judging them for something they haven't researched/informed themselves more about. Not to worry though, if we really think about it, people used to call Einstein crazy, the same as they used to call those who thought the earth was round instead of flat 'crazy' too, just to find out years and years later that the Earth indeed was not flat, haha
wink.gif

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do not believe it is the end, but the start of a new life. I believe it will be a new beginning, there is a reason why every one of the prophets that existed throughout history have written about the so-called end. It isn't anything but something that the earth and many other planets out there and solar systems go through every 36,000 years. The same way the human body goes through biological, physiological and spiritual changes so does the earth as a living being. That being said, people who ignore about these changes should pay more attention to the events that are happening with our climate and the extreme weather that we are having all over the world, floodings, seismic activity, volcanoes, and global warming, that is NOT caused by humans, and has been proven scientifically, since, Venus, Pluto, Jupiter, Neptune and Mars are going through global warming as well, but i bet you they don't drive SUV's over there
wink.gif

2012 is a more complex event, and it is an event that has happened before, when our planet goes through the center of the galaxy bringing with it a lot of what people will and have always called 'disasters'. If you have read some of the books about prophecies, not only the Mayans, but the Egyptians, the Incans, the Sumerians, etc have prophecies that talk about these changes, according to them some of these major changes occur in 2010, bringing the global meltdown of the economical system and with this famine around the world due to the lack of food resources, we are already seeing some of these things happening in some parts of the world, where the flooding and the drought have caused a lot of crops to be destroyed. This is information that is and has been given to people so that they can be prepared, not panicked over these events. I think it would be too stupid for the creator of all things to create life just to destroy it, it doesn't make sense, not even if you try to make sense out of it with 'human logic'.

For those who think that nothing will happen, i give it a couple of months after 2010 before they start noticing, and those that have called people that can see the earth changes and the coming of something new 'crazy', in the end, they will see that these people who talk about this are not as crazy as they thought they were, and will wish they would have listened to them instead of judging them for something they haven't researched/informed themselves more about. Not to worry though, if we really think about it, people used to call Einstein crazy, the same as they used to call those who thought the earth was round instead of flat 'crazy' too, just to find out years and years later that the Earth indeed was not flat, haha
wink.gif

Very well said, Nuri! I love that you're keeping an open mind...it's very refreshing to read what you wrote because a lot of friends and family I've talked to about this have dismissed it like nothing, without discussion. A lot of things have been happening lately, but we often are too busy with our own lives to notice. But yet these things are all very real. They're happening right now. The melting of the polar ice caps are real, for example. And it has been slowly raising the water level all over the world. I'm sure people have noticed the unusual weather...last September here in California felt like the middle of summer. There was one night, right after coming from a hot and humid night at the drive-in theaters, we came home to a thunderstorm. And I'm not exaggerating either. I had to do a double take because I wasn't sure if I was hearing a plane crash or something, but no, it was thunder. Probably normal for a tropical country, but California?

Lately, I've been thinking about this topic a lot more. I agree with what you pointed out, how things are happening now, like unusual weather around the world and the increased frequency of natural disasters. I just spoke to family in the Philippines and they are so badly flooded right now...houses are submerged in water, many have gone missing, and people have died. So far, my relatives are staying at a 2-story house and they can't come down because the water is halfway up the stairs, and they haven't eaten for days. Neighbors have flocked to this 2-story house as there's no help available. They had no time to save any of their belongings...even their cars are submerged in mud and water. It's scary because just last night, before I even received a text from my cousin about what's going on there, I had a dream about a flood. My mom has had dreams of floods as well a couple months ago, and my cousin has been having dreams about wars. It makes me think of a collective unconscious that we all share, but that some of us might unknowingly ignore.

I sure don't want to sound like a nut, but I don't want to dismiss everything I hear without finding out more about it. You also mentioned how not only the Mayans have had this belief...I read about that too. Apparently other cultures have such prophecies as well, such as the Hindus and the Chinese (not sure about the details, but it has something to do with the I Ching prophecies). Something wiped out the dinosaurs...who knows if that same thing comes to wipe out humanity and civilization as we know it? When I think about all of this, it's very humbling. We really don't know what could happen. Maybe nothing will...who knows? It makes one think about the things that are most important in life.

wasn't the world supposed to end on 08/08/08 or something last year? lol

its an interesting theory i guess. i just hope it happens after we've hosted the 2012 olympics, a lot of preparation and money has been put into them!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This subject is pretty interesting to me although it's a little far fetched. There are other threads on it here on MUT. Do a search on Youtube for 2012. It's pretty amazing to watch that Discovery channel 6 part series on it. Doesn't the bible say that in the end, that the Antichrist, (some leader), a self proclaimed Massiah to the masses, enters a huge church in Israel that proclaims he, himself is God? I've heard and read stories that some, many think Obama may be this person. Now, these aren't my beliefs, I am only repeating what I have heard from others.

I may go up into the mountains on that date in 2012, cuz I live near the beach
wink.gif

Oh, Hi Nuri!

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's pretty amazing to watch that Discovery channel 6 part series on it. Doesn't the bible say that in the end, that the Antichrist, (some leader), a self proclaimed Massiah to the masses, enters a huge church in Israel that proclaims he, himself is God? I've heard and read stories that some, many think Obama may be this person. Now, these aren't my beliefs, I am only repeating what I have heard from others.
I actually watched that Discovery Channel 6-part series, as well as others...they all are very interesting, so I keep watching them, lol. It seems that there's been more of these documentaries about "the end times" around. I don't think the bible has an exact date, but it does discuss "signs" that the end is near. One of them is the coming of the Antichrist. It's in Revelations, the last book.

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif This subject is pretty interesting to me although it's a little far fetched. There are other threads on it here on MUT. Do a search on Youtube for 2012. It's pretty amazing to watch that Discovery channel 6 part series on it. Doesn't the bible say that in the end, that the Antichrist, (some leader), a self proclaimed Massiah to the masses, enters a huge church in Israel that proclaims he, himself is God? I've heard and read stories that some, many think Obama may be this person. Now, these aren't my beliefs, I am only repeating what I have heard from others.
I may go up into the mountains on that date in 2012, cuz I live near the beach
wink.gif

Oh, Hi Nuri!

Hi Tony! The discovery channel is a gem, it's a great source of information, and it serves as an eye opener to many people, they have great documentaries and i find all of their shows very informative.

I think you got that idea right, but you may find that you might have to go up to the mountains way earlier than 2012 lol
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif Very well said, Nuri! I love that you're keeping an open mind...it's very refreshing to read what you wrote because a lot of friends and family I've talked to about this have dismissed it like nothing, without discussion. A lot of things have been happening lately, but we often are too busy with our own lives to notice. But yet these things are all very real. They're happening right now. The melting of the polar ice caps are real, for example. And it has been slowly raising the water level all over the world. I'm sure people have noticed the unusual weather...last September here in California felt like the middle of summer. There was one night, right after coming from a hot and humid night at the drive-in theaters, we came home to a thunderstorm. And I'm not exaggerating either. I had to do a double take because I wasn't sure if I was hearing a plane crash or something, but no, it was thunder. Probably normal for a tropical country, but California?
Lately, I've been thinking about this topic a lot more. I agree with what you pointed out, how things are happening now, like unusual weather around the world and the increased frequency of natural disasters. I just spoke to family in the Philippines and they are so badly flooded right now...houses are submerged in water, many have gone missing, and people have died. So far, my relatives are staying at a 2-story house and they can't come down because the water is halfway up the stairs, and they haven't eaten for days. Neighbors have flocked to this 2-story house as there's no help available. They had no time to save any of their belongings...even their cars are submerged in mud and water. It's scary because just last night, before I even received a text from my cousin about what's going on there, I had a dream about a flood. My mom has had dreams of floods as well a couple months ago, and my cousin has been having dreams about wars. It makes me think of a collective unconscious that we all share, but that some of us might unknowingly ignore.

I sure don't want to sound like a nut, but I don't want to dismiss everything I hear without finding out more about it. You also mentioned how not only the Mayans have had this belief...I read about that too. Apparently other cultures have such prophecies as well, such as the Hindus and the Chinese (not sure about the details, but it has something to do with the I Ching prophecies). Something wiped out the dinosaurs...who knows if that same thing comes to wipe out humanity and civilization as we know it? When I think about all of this, it's very humbling. We really don't know what could happen. Maybe nothing will...who knows? It makes one think about the things that are most important in life.

I think it is extremely interesting and i find it relieving as well as you said, refreshing to find people with an open mind that are willing to listen to the warnings [prophecies] written, and also that are also willing to listen to many many scientists out there that are putting the word out about these events, that i find very important for all of us. A lot of people are having dreams and if i may add myself to the list, i have to say that i have had dreams, a lot of them about wars and floods, as well as tornadoes, the dreams - are not funny-. And mentioning this to other people isn't an effort for me or others that i know to get attention or to pretend that we are some kind of special walking psychic phenomena or mediums or one of these apocalyptic maniacs that exist out there, but that we are looking at this as something that is being talked about more and more by 'average' people, doctors, scientists, and spiritual people as well. There are a lot of things to point out, that are happening nowadays, not only unusual weather which is being pointed out by the meteorologists on the news, calling it 'crazy wheater' and wondering what is going on, and if global warming has anything to do with such events, there is also a couple of other strange events such as the whales beaching themselves, as well as the dolphins, the death/disappearance of the bees, and cows suiciding, a huge mass of salmon not coming back to their 'homes' and disappearing as well, not to mention the crop circles that we've been having in England, Italy, Germany and Canada, if you really look at the complexity of the geometries that have been drawn by whomever is making them, you will know that they have NOT been created by humans, and not buy what the media says about a couple drunk guys flattening down the crops with a piece of wood...surreal, they would have to be so gifted to be able to do that in the middle of the night with a piece of wood, drunk, to get these humongous geometries drawn perfectly in the dark..no?
I would say to all the people that are keeping an open mind and paying attention to all the things that are happening in our planet and the cosmos to keep doing so without being afraid to be called a nut, crazy, or whatever they want to call it, there is a reason why things happen, there is a reason why you are interested in these things and why you are paying attention, we all have an instinct, we all have a sixth sense, or, what many people would like to call 'the guardian angel'. I prefer to call it a higher collective consciousness that advises you, protects you and guides you all the time.

Check out some of the documentaries by David Wilcock, Gregg Braden, Richard C. Hoagland, Project Camelot, Dr. J.J Hurtak, Lynne McTaggart, & John Hogue on google video or youtube, they are extremely informative, and i am sure you will find them very interesting and mind blowing as well. Oh and as a suggestion, watch the Celestine Prophecy movie, it is awesome.

Pay attention to your dreams and listen to them, also tell your family to do so when having dreams about these events, a lot of people will go to fortune tellers and mediums to find out about these things, but most of the time they are just fakes, we all possess the ability to see these things and do not need a crystal ball to be able to see them either, we should not rely on others to tell us about the future, past or present of our lives, we all possess and innate ability to see it for ourselves; thank God we are not living in the age of the Inquisition because many people back then were being burnt at the stake for talking about these things
smile.gif

And lastly, we should all have in mind that Apocalypse means Revelation [in greek], NOT disaster.

I don't believe that it is the end of the world, either. It is just the end of an era and big spiritual changes and will probably also manifest in physical earth changes. Anything is possible. I also agree with Aprill where the Bible states that "no man knows" when the apocalypse is coming.

If you are interested in the details of the Mayan calendar and what they believe happens each era, here is a really good video (long but v informative!).

The Mayan Calendar Comes North 2011 2012- Ian Xel Lungold | Conspiracy Reality TV - Documentaries, Movies and Videos

Latest posts

Back