Hermione Hat Finished!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tada!

this:

IMG_1733640x480.jpg

became this:

IMG_2495480x640.jpg

which is based on this:

articles_usatoday_hbppreview_July32008__HarryHermione.JPG

using this pattern:

JL Yarnworks: Hermione's Cable & Eyelet Hat

what do you think? I finished it just in time for a cold snap in Roma!

i love it! i want to learn to make hats! i can only knit long straight things, i never got the hang of using those scary round needles.

Wow! Great job. There is nothing better than the magic of making your own, especially when you are as talented as you are! That would make a fabulous holiday gift idea too.

That is so cute Rosie! Really suits you! So jealous of your knitting abilities...I can make scarves...that's about it lol

lol thanks everyone!

Luce, the round ones are actually really really easy to use. They do look scary, I thought that myself - essentially though, you just knit into the first stitch on the next row to make a round piece of knitting. You can knit flat things on round needles as well.

I'm making a blue one for my room mate - I taught her how to knit and she wants one of these hats for xmas, so I said I'd do one for her
smile.gif

yeah i just looked at some tutorials! it looks quite simple. i might pick myself one up when i next visit home, we have an amazing knitting shop in leeds. i want to make a hat too!

this one is easy actually - it looks complex but it's not too bad until you get to the end...

That is such a cute hat.. Very talented...

I can knit scarves or squares... Nothing like this...

It looks great ! I wish i could knit, i can confess it now, but i'd really like to knit the doctor's scarf (4th doctor, the episode he's playing chess with K9 and he meets androids).

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wub.gif
It's adorable! Love the color!! I'm a fan of Harry Potter! I think what you have made is called a "beanie"
smile.gif

haha, yes, I'd call it a beanie, but I've used that term before and people have been really confused about what I meant!

Cute! I can't knit. Some women at work tried to teach me but I just can't get the hang of it at all.

Back