How are you changing your makeup for the colder weather?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im asking this because today I did my makeup and my face looked so dry and blah. I re-applied my makeup and Im now using my cream blush. So what are you guys doing? Do you have any tips to make the skin look less dry and more glowy?

I use curel intensive moisturizer day and night now and that's the only thing I change.

Maybe you could use highlighter or add liquid highligher to your foundation.

I'm using a lot more cream makeup like cream blush, highlighters, foundations and bronzers. I find that in the winter I can get away with using little to almost no powder. At night, I also use a moisturizer too. In the summer, I never moisturize at night but in the winter it's a must for me.

I agree with more cream makeups and a thicker moisturizer.

It's still in the 90's here, though.
frown.gif

With my oil slick skin, I have to wear powder year round to semi keep it in check. I have noticed my cheeks getting a little dry so I've already put in an order for some MAC Moisture Tint to add to my regimen (use to just use my MAC Blot Pressed Powder because foundation every day is just too heavy on my acne prone skin).

I might have to look into a creme blush too.

I switched to liquid foundation, dry mineral foundation over skin either dry or dehydrated isn't really good.

Colored lipbalms, although that doesn't really change from what i do usually.

It's only beginning to get colder here, so that's it for now.

i switched from studio fix liquid to studio sculpt, and will proably go a little darker on my eyeshadow. still keeping a nude pinky peach lip though!

More foundation and less powder. A lot more lipbalm. Cream blusher.

Heavier eyemakeup, now that the summer is over, and I don't look like a sweaty mess anymore.

I switch to a moisturiser for dry skin as my skin really starts to dry out in winter.. This way my skin does not look too dry when I apply foundation over it.. I also switch to using cream blush...

IM not lol if it aint broke dont fix it LOL..I have dry skin yr round so i use a pretty good moisturizer and i wil continue to use tinted moisturizer just cos i hate full coverage foundation(i feel like im wearing a mask lol) i find that it also contributes to my skin going nuts lol.

As far as e.s eh same ole same ole...lipsticks im steeel on the hunt for a perfect red shade.

i am changing my perfume though to more holiday smelling scents lol.

Lately, I've been really lazy.

Especially since it's been rainy in my area for the last few days.

I've just been using moisturizer, mineral veil and sometimes, bronzer.

In these early winter month my skin already starts feeling a bit dehydrated --as for makeup changes so I switched from blotting oil powders to hydrating ones (and sometimes no powders at all). As for mineral make up , I`m also feeling that it dries out my already dehydrated skin, so I dropped it for a while...

I like to wear rich copper golds and browns in the fall and winter and sometimes use foundation to give my skin more of a tint. In the summer I never wear foundation but I do have to wear powder year round. I also use a richer moisturizer in the day because the cold makes my nose flake.

Since my face is an oil slick year round I don't really do anything differently except to wear darker eye colors.

I just double up the layers for the added insulation. j/king

Not a lot of differance other than more moisturizing cuz of the dry air.

Less powder, more foundation, I have to change the colors because I haven't been baking in the tanning booths for a few months now
smile.gif

Back