Who is LOVING Style Black?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My god i dont know about you guys, but because im a sucker for anything dark and way over the top, i feel like this collection is PERFECT. Every single item i use, the greasepaint stick is my best friend, no need for Kryolan black aquacolor now (but i still have my black aquacolor backups incase i run out of my grease paint stick, which will run out fast at the rate im using it)

I love the mineralised eyeshadows, and i think they almost NEED to be applied wet, to really get the finish that they give off to stand out.

And thank god they bought out the Bat Black again. I know its permenant at pro stores but pro stores are hard to find. For me in melbourne its not that hard coz our pro store is in the city, but there are a good 6 stores 30 minutes away so its never too hard to get to one.

Anyway, everyone let us know what you think about the collection, including how certain products can be used, how to layer these products, face charts or ideas for colors. GO CRAZY

- peter

I love the greasepaint stick, and the MES's too! Young Punk is great. I'm not big on the dark lips in the collection though. Personally, I think dark, dark lips look bad on everyone. I'm loving everything else though. I didn't get Bat Black, but now I'm thinking I should.

3986655418_1721794aee.jpg
<- Black Knight Cremesheen Lipstick by MAC

I luv it!!! Black lips; yes! Reminds me of high school when I wore dark purple lipstick (black wasn't available then, except at Halloween and it was chalky/garbage). Love the delicate sheen of this. Might scare people, but I love the edgy look it gives to my otherwise "innocent" appearance.
wink.gif

It looks great on you ! I think i would look too goth, lol.

Nothing really interested me, but now, i think i'd liek to check that greasepaint stick ! I've been eyeing Blue Flame, but reason tells me i do not need yet another eyeshadow.

Thank you. A lot of the MA's say that certain colors can wash out pale skin, but I've seen quite a few fair skinned girls that look fierce in deep reds and "goth" make up. I think it's all in your attitude, part make up...though I am too timid to wear my Black Knight during the day, as it gets closer and closer to Halloween, I keep thinking I should go ahead and do it, LOL.

I love Style Black...I didn't buy MAC for a few months so I can go all out with Style Black. I got 3 mineralize eyeshadows, the greasepaint stick and Night Violet....everything in this collection was amazing

I loved it too. I got young punk and cinderfella. I love dark fall looks and most of the fall collections MAC puts out.

I loooove young punk, it's so gorgeous. I didn't get any of the lipsticks though....Still considering,LOL

I absolutely LOVE the darkness of this collection (Thanks, Aprill)! And I agree with flyhoney, the dark lip is all about attitude.

I went crazy over the Style Black Collection. I bought the Young Punk, Cinderfella, and Gilt By Association Eyeshadows. I bought the eyeshadow base in Black. I also purchased the Blackware and Bling Black Glimmerglasses.

i actually did not get anything from the collection, the dark colors tend to scare me since i am so light and i find dark colors on my eyes make me look like i have dark eyes. But all the raving i have heard about this collection really makes me want to try out the collection mostly for the lip products

Back