I am going on a year long drugstore no buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I am no longer going to look at MAC, Urban Decay, MUFE, etc. products and wish for them, only to spend my money on drugstore stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love my drugstore stuff, but I rarely indulge in more expensive stuff due to cost. I haven't really bought anything in a drugstore in awhile, because I don't really need anything and there was nothing I wanted that badly. I have a few exceptions to my no buy: First, I can refill my ColorStay foundation and get mascara there. I am loyal to ColorStay, and don't want expensive mascara. Also, I am allowing myself to get Covergirl eyeshadows when they go BOGOF, since I have the $3 off coupons making the shadows about 10 cents each. I already have my first UD palette(BoS2 w00t!), and my first MAC pigment is on its way.

Here's my list of wants for the next year:

• MAC MSF Natural
  • MAC Blushcreme in Lilicent
  • MAC Fix+
  • Makeup Forever eyeshadow #92
  • MUFE Mat Velvet+ foundation
  • MUFE Auqa Eyes Pencils
  • A peach and pink NARS blush
  • Stila Smudge Pots
  • MAC Studio Fix Fluid
Urban Decay Palettes
  • Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye palette
  • Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box
  • Urban Decay Wallpaper Shadow Box
  • Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box
MAC Paint Pots
  • Soft Ochre
  • Artifact
  • Rubenesque
MAC Pigments
  • Gold Mode
  • Spiritualize
  • Violet
  • Vanilla
  • Tan
  • Apricot Pink
  • Golden Olive
  • Deep Purple
  • Coco
  • Blue Brown
  • Dazzleray
  • Emerald
  • Melon
MAC Brushes
Hmmm ... now what else can I add ...
g.gif

Updating this with a things I finally bought for myself since I am not throwing money at drugstore stuff list:

• Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II(the item that inspired my no buy)
  • MAC full size pigment in Rose Gold
  • MAC Holiday '09 pigment set in Cool Capers
  • MAC Holiday '09 pigment set in Sexpot Smoky

Good luck! That's quite a good list
smile.gif

I've started a nobuy on drugstore makeup for the same reason. I just don't see anything that gives me the urge to go. I've avoided reading anything in the coupon section and even going to TJ Maxx! A tip I've found that works very well for me is when I get the urge to buy something, and I almost do go, I just save the money I would've spent on it. So far in the past month alone I've saved 200 just doing so. Now I've gotta work on not eating out as much and then my savings will really start!

I have been avoiding TJ Maxx, which isn't hard since it's almost half an hour away.

I would say good luck, but I don't think you need it. Nice thought out plan, and you have some very nice goal products to save for. I have the pallets you want and they are worth it.
smile.gif
I just have to get the book of shadows II now...

I would add NARS blushes, MAC holiday lipglass sets and eye palettes, Stila convertible colours, MUFE loose shine on powders.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would add NARS blushes, MAC holiday lipglass sets and eye palettes, Stila convertible colours, MUFE loose shine on powders. Yes! I forgot to add a couple of NARS blushes. I will edit that now. I know I will be buying less makeup this year, but it will be worth it to get some of my wish list items crossed off. Maybe I could get a NARS blush during the F&F sale next week.

That is a very responsible list. I have done that myself, but I got rid of alot of junk that i did not need by swapping it off and selling it in large quantities for the things that I felt I wanted more.

The only thing on my list I may not get is the foundation. I'd like to try it, but maybe once I get a lot of the more desirable items first. I really like the foundation I use now, so it will be more out of curiosity if I get it.

That's a relatively small want list. With inet shopping so easy and in many instances cheaper now... who needs drugstores anyways.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok, when I read the title, I admit, I laughed. But now that I see why, I totally understand! I know, most of my hauls have been drugstore.
biggrin.gif

Awesome plan, Leti! I'm sure you'll do a great job sticking to your awesome plan. Even though I don't buy much DS stuff, if I did this I'd probably be more tempted to buy stuff lol! You know how well I do with no-buys.... >.>

Good luck! Sounds like a great idea! I too would love to indulge in higher end beauty products, but like you the price always made me stop and go to the drugstore with not so good results. Maybe I should join you on this one. By Christmas I would love to buy some of the things on your list also.

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good luck! Sounds like a great idea! I too would love to indulge in higher end beauty products, but like you the price always made me stop and go to the drugstore with not so good results. Maybe I should join you on this one. By Christmas I would love to buy some of the things on your list also. That would be great! I know for sure I am getting a brush or two during the next MAC sale. If I can only get one it will be the 219. I think the cost of the higher end stuff will force me to think more about the purchases I am making too.

K i was bored so i looked these up in my beautypedia thingy, and they all are rated super highly (instead of the shadow books i looked up urban decay eye shadows).

i would try to set a limit though to how much you spend, cause i tend to spend a lot on high end cosmetics even though i really cant afford them.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif That would be great! I know for sure I am getting a brush or two during the next MAC sale. If I can only get one it will be the 219. I think the cost of the higher end stuff will force me to think more about the purchases I am making too. Ok! I'm in!

Latest posts

Back