Creases

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need more information. What exactly is going on? No color depositing? Not blending properly? What products are you using?

Use a primer, use a small dense brush to apply and use pigmented eyeshadows as well, only blend in one direction at the outer edges, use a similar somewhat lighter colour to help blend, use as few strokes to blend as you need to, apply in layers rather than one thick one, pat on then blend- don't sweep on. Those are pretty much all the tips I have.

Maybe try experimenting with different brushes. When I was first experimenting with make up I found it easiest to use an angled brush and apply the crease color along the crease and outer v of my eye, and then blend it. I know it sounds strange, but it might be worth a shot.

What type of shadow are you using? Some brands have really poor payoff and won't show up well, or will crease and fade quickly.

I have the 120 color pallete from ebay and I have the Essence of Beauty crease brushes.

Maybe it's just me but the colors are bleh...

Have you tried other shadows? Is it just this palette that is not working? If so it may be the shadow. I recommend using an eye shadow primer and then testing other shadows.

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the smashbox photo finish foundation primer but before that ud eye primer. Are you using the Smashbox primer on your eyes? Because you shouldn't be.

I have the same problem. I've never been able to apply color to the crease correctly. If I do try it will be a big ol mess. I've tried to look up videos on youtube but the guru's always edit their videos to go from non blended to almost perfectly blended :-( what's the point of doing the video if you are gonna cut off the part I wanted to see? I guess just keep practicing and maybe one day we will get it! Good luck!

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It is impossible for anyone to guess why you cant apply eyeshadow on your crease. Tsk, Tsk.... having a bad day?

Originally Posted by LUVINBEAUTY /img/forum/go_quote.gif Tsk, Tsk.... having a bad day? You obviously havent been around long enough have you?

No I just don't see the need to tell some one how impossible something is, yet there are 15 posts about people trying to actually help.

Maybe you're using a matte eyeshadow? i can't blend these well in my crease either. Only frosty and shimmer work for the crease with me.

Originally Posted by LUVINBEAUTY /img/forum/go_quote.gif No I just don't see the need to tell some one how impossible something is, yet there are 15 posts about people trying to actually help. As you can see from the thanked posts, you are tardy for the party. We have a few members that like to ask questions and just bump the post with one worded responses, and then when people try their best to give answers and give product recommendations,and they say something like 'well i dont feel like doing that thanks' 'i dont have that product thanks' 'i cant buy that right now thanks' For us seasoned members who know what I am referring to, are highly annoyed. For you, a new member, you see it as picking with someone, not the case.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif As you can see from the thanked posts, you are tardy for the party. We have a few members that like to ask questions and just bump the post with one worded responses, and then when people try their best to give answers and give product recommendations,and they say something like 'well i dont feel like doing that thanks' 'i dont have that product thanks' 'i cant buy that right now thanks' For us seasoned members who know what I am referring to, are highly annoyed. For you, a new member, you see it as picking with someone, not the case. boo-yah!
okaaay9sw.gif

Lol!

Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! All they Boo-yahs and snappy replies! Sorry!

@ April - Thanks! Good to know
smile.gif
All some one had to do was explain how easily annoyed they were by a simple question.

I just didn't think this was the place for that.

Yeah you dont understand. I hope that one day you do. Its nothing personal against you, you just dont understand but one day you might see what I mean. I am here to help hence my title, but I am not here to play games with grown women and as I said before, my seasoned members, know what I am talking about.

Now I can go back to the old Aprill, I can link members to old posts and close these repeat threads because with a simple search, alot of help can be given from past posts about these exact same topics. I am being nice to let them go one like this, especially due to the circumstances.

Back