Girly frustrations and bad timing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, Auntie Flow has decided to pay me a visit.

It's really a bad timing as tomorrow we're going to see my family (the whole family is going to be there, imagine that !). At least will give me an excuse to skip them for a moment while i'm in the bathroom.

So i feel like nothing, and i decided to bake madeleines, for the trip and to make me feel better. It's one of those recipes i never f*ck up, even my mother recognises my mastership in that domain. Well, i don't know if it's because of the rice flour (i think it bakes faster than wheat flour) or the one drop of orange essential oil i added, but they turned out light brown biscuits in the shape of madeleines
frown.gif
Still eatable drowned in a glass of milk.

It's like that every month, whenever i have my period and try to bake, it's almost everytime a trip to the bin.

It's really frustrating as time helping wheat becomes more of an issue for my mother and i, we have no other choice but to get gluten free stuff. It's already an issue price wise, but we made the mistake of looking at the labels, and they certainly replace wheat by calories ! So, really, it's frustrating !

Totally unrelated, i managed to get stuck coffee in the Senseo machine by trying to make a cappuccino.

And right now i'm trying to get motivated and find reasons to go to class. But all i want is to lay in the sofa with my cuddly cat on my legs (purring therapy).

ohhh cats are the best thing for periods! they are warm and furry and you can sit them on your tummy and they just purr your pains away.

i love madelines. it's a shame they didn't turn out nice
frown.gif
i'm rubbish at everything when i'm on, i end up just lying in bed crying at TV adverts and eating crisps! lol that sounds so sad but it's true!

eyeroll I hear you! both me and my flatmate have ours now, (at the same time, woohoo) you can imagine what our house is like - lots of chocolate, lots of laying around in bed, lots of hot waterbottles, lol!

maggles, you're not alone! next time, maybe you can bake in advance of their arrival?

does your phone have a 'pink' diary that calculates your cycle? I'm sure you could find one online if you dont!

Aww I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy! Hopefully you'll feel better soon. I hate that time of the month. Have you tried those heating pads to relax your muscles a bit?

Well i usually bake a batch of cupcakes every week or so, usually on friday because i have more free time on that day, and i wanted to change for madeleines.

Lol ! I can imagine that ! Reminds me of the two chocolate tablets i took at work yesterday (the kind we get with coffee), i think they will soon end up in my belly. Plus my cranberry juice (i love cranberries) because i think i got cold and feared i was going to have a cystitis.

My phone doesn't have that diary, i usually write down my days on my planner. I took the habits years ago, mom's advice, the problem is sometimes i have short cycles, sometimes i have long cycles, so i can be a week "late", but that's perfectly normal (it seems to be related to the calendar because i have to have my monthly girly time, but some months are longer than others).

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aww I'm so sorry you're feeling crappy! Hopefully you'll feel better soon. I hate that time of the month. Have you tried those heating pads to relax your muscles a bit? Well, i sort of have one, it's fluffy, it's hot, it moves and it also makes noises (aka, my cat^^). Usually i just take a facecloth, and i put it under hot water.

oh, I forgot about the crying. I had tears literally pouring down my face when I watched 'a bear named winnie' last night... I'm terrible, I cry over anything, especially disney movies!

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, i sort of have one, it's fluffy, it's hot, it moves and it also makes noises (aka, my cat^^). Usually i just take a facecloth, and i put it under hot water. LOL I typically use an old stretched out sock filled rice heated slightly in the microwave. Always works like a charm
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh, I forgot about the crying. I had tears literally pouring down my face when I watched 'a bear named winnie' last night... I'm terrible, I cry over anything, especially disney movies! Oh, yay ! I'm not alone ! Me too, i cry over anything, Bambi is officially classified as a horror movie, i cried when i watched Six Feet Under's season finale, oh pretty much any season finale has me crying.The only disney movie i know won't make me cry is Mary Poppins, i love that movie, it's too funny.

That's too bad. I always have bad timing too. I had mine on the day of my wedding, even though I was on the pill. I guess the stress caused it to turn up when I really didn't want it to.

argh krazykid thats soo unfair! i'm on the pill too so i always know when it's coming, i can sort of plan around it! but the idea that it could just pop up like that is cruel!

I know! I figured I was safe, but Mother Nature didn't want to give me any breaks that day.

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's too bad. I always have bad timing too. I had mine on the day of my wedding, even though I was on the pill. I guess the stress caused it to turn up when I really didn't want it to. Stress does that to me too. Once I had a period 6 months non-stop and I was on the pill. It took 2 doctors, but one finally figured it out. (It was actually depression and anxiety, it was very severe) I have also been on the shot and did not have periods for 2 years until a stressful event, and I was on pads for a week.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, i sort of have one, it's fluffy, it's hot, it moves and it also makes noises (aka, my cat^^). Usually i just take a facecloth, and i put it under hot water. I dont know if you have this where you live, but thermacare is awesome. They have one just for menstrual pain.

I hate that time of the month also. I'm on the pill and use to plan my vacations around my period,lol.

I find taking a hot bath with epsom salts helps with cramping and pain.
smile.gif

Back