Affordable date ideas

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! So my bf and I are going on our 9th year together this Friday and I really want to do something together that is romantic yet affordable. I've searched online and found some pretty good ideas...but most of them were kinda typical...walks on the beach, that kind of thing.

I live in the Bay Area and I was wondering if any of you guys know of any places around here that would make a romantic but affordable date?

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
smile.gif

Go do the haunted ghost tour over off Van Ness at the Queen Ann hotel.. Inexpensive and kind of a scarry romantic fun? Lol. I thought it was a blast.. How about going ice skating down by the Metreon?

what about stuff like gokarting or paintballing, fishing, hiking, do you have an imax near you? decorating can be fun, im not very good at this stuff lol

You are better than me. I cant ever remember when we met. I know the month, but date? Forget it.We have been together almost 8 years too. I dont have a good memory though, he can remember everything. We do nothing on our anniversary though. Perhaps when we marry, or not, I might forget that too.
lol.gif

LMAO, Seven!
smile.gif
Actually we met in high school. I was a senior and he was a junior. To this day, I get teased that I like younger guys, haha. Even he teases me that he wasn't even 18 yet when I met him.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif You are better than me. I cant ever remember when we met. I know the month, but date? Forget it.We have been together almost 8 years too. I dont have a good memory though, he can remember everything. We do nothing on our anniversary though. Perhaps when we marry, or not, I might forget that too.
lol.gif
LOL you are too funny! I remember the exact date when we met because it was two days before my birthday. He asked for my number on a Monday and he waited til Wednesday to call. Some kind of guy thing where they're not supposed to call on that day they got the number or the day after.
lol.gif
So when he finally called, it was my birthday.

Honestly I'd forget most dates too, but back in high school I kept a diary and wrote things that happened on my daily planner, lol.
smile.gif

That's cool. I'm glad you guys were able to find each other, and have a long lasting relationship
smile.gif
Not always the easiest thing to do given the high divorce rates in this country.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Go do the haunted ghost tour over off Van Ness at the Queen Ann hotel.. Inexpensive and kind of a scarry romantic fun? Lol. I thought it was a blast.. How about going ice skating down by the Metreon? Sounds fun! We went to Pirates of Emerson a couple years back...is it like a haunted house, or is it a real haunted place?
Ice skating sounds fun too...we both have never been.
smile.gif
It'd be fun watching each other fall on our backs.

Originally Posted by blueglitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif what about stuff like gokarting or paintballing, fishing, hiking, do you have an imax near you? decorating can be fun, im not very good at this stuff lol Funny, he actually mentioned paintballing to me once...it'd be interesting to try! Although I'd be scared to get hit too much because I bruise easy, lol.

"Funny, he actually mentioned paintballing to me once...it'd be interesting to try! Although I'd be scared to get hit too much because I bruise easy, lol."

That's why you get the upper hand immediately and kick the **** out of him!! Show him who's boss!

Originally Posted by SevenBar /img/forum/go_quote.gif wow, you look so young! You guys must have gotten together when you were ten People say that kind of stuff to me as well. I am 31, and people think I am in college. My fiancee is 6 years older, he looks his age though. Some people are kinda rude about asking my age, le sigh. However, I love to go to local fairs so they can guess my age, my mom and I always win, lol

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif People say that kind of stuff to me as well. I am 31, and people think I am in college. My fiancee is 6 years older, he looks his age though. Some people are kinda rude about asking my age, le sigh. However, I love to go to local fairs so they can guess my age, my mom and I always win, lol Wow you look so young! I did think you were a college student! Funny, some teenager at the gym asked my bf if he had a son...the guy was talking about my bf's brother! lol...we were like, so if he looked like he could be the father of a 16-yr old, then he must look like a predator next to lil old me!! haha...usually people think he's older than me but not THAT old.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny, he actually mentioned paintballing to me once...it'd be interesting to try! Although I'd be scared to get hit too much because I bruise easy, lol.

i think they do hit quite hard, maybe not paintballing then
smile.gif
what about something totally crazy like sky-diving?

Latest posts

Back