Translucent powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking at the card that was given to me from my makeover a few months ago and they used a translucent finishing powder. What is it supposed to do? ( I feel ridiculous asking this )

Maybe I don't understand, but it's supposed to be super sheer and kind of "set" liquid/cream foundations used underneath.

Originally Posted by knickers13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes it helps set your makeup. You put in last as a light dusting. What is "set your makeup"? I've heard this before. Yes I feel ridiculous for askiing.

it stops it from moving. It keeps it looking fresh for longer. It can also be used to mattify
smile.gif

Yup !! And because it's translucent, it won't look "too much" like some colored setting powders.

Transluscent powder is excellent for oil blotting for it does not blotch its colour on oily areas. It is also perfect to set a full coverage foundation. I swear by physicians formula Transluscent powder in Light.

Originally Posted by H.e.l.e.n /img/forum/go_quote.gif Transluscent powder is excellent for oil blotting for it does not blotch its colour on oily areas. It is also perfect to set a full coverage foundation. I swear by physicians formula Transluscent powder in Light. Thanks so much! If I can ask one more question, that is, is it really necessary? Will it make that much difference in my skins appearance after a few hours, what about after 5 or 6?

Your skin will look more airbrushed and proffessional after about 5-6 hours you should blot with blottin papers, or toilet paper to remove accumulated oil and repowder.

I do it when I apply a runnier foundation, because it will help it NOT migrate and stay put.

translucent finishing powder is mostly used to set liquid or cream foundation..i use it with a kabuki brush
smile.gif
make sure you pat off the excess from the brush you use or else it may give a too powdery caked up look..it does make a difference because it gives your well applied foundation a finished set polished look..without it your foundation may look incomplete..

Thanks so much guys. You know my foundation never looked as good as when it was done with the finishing powder at Sephora. I think I may get this as my b-day gift.

Thanks so much everyone
smile.gif

colormeup

Yep, like everyone said, it sets your makeup. Believe me, you will notice and feel a difference. I use MAC's... and I also have MUFE's. I'm not sure my favorite yet, as I just got the MAC one.

Back