Has anyone tried Illamasqua?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just stumbled across it on the Sephora page. Its a makeup brand from the UK. I looked at their wed site and the make up looks full of pigment and there look is very artsy and out there (what I used to love about the old mac). So has anyone tried it? Is it worth using? I still love my MAC colors but am always looking for something new to use.

Pixiwoo on youtube is a big fan of illamasqua, I actually believe one of the sisters is a MUA for them.

I remember trying on their gold shadow (it was like a cream consistency) and it was wonderfulmazingtabuloustic. lolll

No, but I have only heard good things. I really want to try some of their products.

i have heard mixed reviews, the purse buzz website i think she talked about how there was such varience of consistency from one color to another of the eyeshadow.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's repackaged Kryolan (A piece of gossip I read somewhere). WOW!!!
That would really make me mad because I just order a lot of their eye shadows. That would make me beyond mad. I did find this today The Official Blog of Illamasqua: A Note From our Brand Director. I held off buying any of their products because I had bought one too many hyped up products that turned out to be garbage. I really hope that's not true.

Well, google "Kryolan Illamasqua" and form an opinion... I'm thinking if it was developed by Kryolan, it must be Kryolan, just like Stargazer was Kryolan too and everybody used to go off on that one some years ago...

OR it could be that Illamasqua is to Kryolan what MAC is to Estee Lauder...

let us know what you think of the quality jazzy. I was just looking at their eyeshadows before I wandered onto MUT. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> must be fate!

I've tried some products and I'm well satisfied. Some of the shadows are not so well pigmented, but so do lot of MAC colours too, so I guess it depends on the colour. Their pigments are amazing!! I got one in the colour Furore and I love it more than MAC Naked, of Jardin Aires, or Vanilla. Their cream shadows are very similar to MAC paintpots. I like the eye-pencil I got in the colour Vow (a flesh-toned one), the mascara is decent but nothing special, the brow gel is a very useful tool, and the liner brush is also very good. What else did I get? Hmm... a sealing gel, which is useful if you want to turn eyeshadows to liquid liners, without destroying the shadow by making it wet.

So far my experience has been great, and I will buy more in future. I am a big fan of their packaging too! Very beautiful and practical.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's repackaged Kryolan (A piece of gossip I read somewhere). Kryolan's fabric develope a lot of european brands.

I have tried the foundation for the past week or so...but I will have to return it tomorrow to Sephora. Its coverage is pretty impeccable...however, my BIGGEST turn-off is how chalky and deathly it makes me look. It almost looks too "matte". The color range is kinda weird and is not true on the web site. It might pay to do an in-store visit since the colors online are not accurate. I got the Satin Primer, as well, because someone said that it worked better in conjunction with the foundation. However, the primer sucks! It smells pretty ok when you put it on. But is it just me? I found that through-out the day, it would ball up into little clumps on my face. So annoying!

Overall, maybe it was just my skin. It is almost winter, after all. My face might not be reacting so great right now. It's worth checking out. And even if it doesn't work out, Sephora has a pretty generous return policy! Hope that helps
smile.gif

I didn't purposely seek it out, but stumbled upon it while browsing Sephora the other day.  They had a shade that seemed to match me perfectly, so I bought their $34 bottle of Rich Liquid Foundation, which has the thick consistency I like.  I like the shade, but it doesn't stay as matte & fresh-looking on my oily skin after a few hours in the day as I'd like.  My old standy of Estee Lauder's Double Matte foundation is better in that area, but w/ Estee Lauder, I have to buy 2 colors to get my perfect shade, so actually the Illamasqua is cheaper.

If there's a way to keep the Illamasqua more matte & not wear off, I'll continue to buy it.  Maybe I need their brand of mattifier underneath to get better results.  So far, I've now been using Phillip's Milk of Magnesia as a skin mattifier, which is cheap & works surprisingly well for me.  I learned about it on this board by the way! 

OK, as much as I'd hate to, I'm going to end up returning my bottle.  I love the thickness, which is rare w/ foundation brands, but after a few hrs, my VERY oily skin just looks so greasy & dark...not pretty like when I first applied it.

I haven't tried a lot, but what I have tried (all of 3 things) I'm quite impressed by. Katie blush is a must-have. I was hoping it might be a dupe to Chanel's discontinued Narcisse JC (I'm using the Euro) but it is way more pigmented, and a lot more lavendar once on the cheek; Narcisse has a bit of a glow to it, a much cleaner baby pink, and is less pigmented. Though they are completely different, and IMO, I'm justified in owning both, Katie is gorgeous. Loella polish is a pretty, bright but not neon, cool pink. Wear time is average; if you don't have to have Illamasqua, I'm sure you could find a cheaper dupe. Nubile lipstick - it's a little frosty, a baby-pink lavendar, but it's really fun for nighttime and not the standand nude lip. Not overly drying, leaves a really nice tint behind too. Definately not 80s-Magda-Frosty Lips of Doom, but might take some getting used if you've never worn a frost. I was most impressed with Illa's shipping. Reasonable charge (just around 9 pound) but it got here by regular, Royal Mail in just under a week and a half (to Toronto, Canada). I've had UO orders from the States take twice as long, so... mighty impressive.

I've played with it at Sephora (in Las Vegas) but don't own any. It's okay I guess I wouldn't run out to the store for it if my local Sephora carried it.

Back