Haircolor Brand That Stays In????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm brunette and I color my hair year round sticking with reds, browns and blacks.

I usually use drugstore brands, I thought I was going a step up using Ion from Sally's. The jet black is starting to fade after one week. I don't use hot water in the shower.

What brands have lasted for you?

I dye my hair jet black too! Love it! I've tried all brands even getting it professionaly colored but it lasts about a week or so I feel your pain! But believe it of not I just tried this Herebel Essence color from the grocery store. It was like $2 or $3 and its lasted at least 3 weeks, its still in and hasn't faded yet! Maybe a fluke IDK its the first time but I haven't bought a new one yet haven't had too LOL good luck on your quest.

LOL I dye my hair jet black almost once a month in the winter time using natural instincts. Its semiperm but the black just sticks on my hair. In the summer I go with burgundy and haven't found a color that stays in my hair for more then a week ither, even if I use the red hair shampoos =(

I used to keep my hair a dark burgundy red and I used Feria, I think the color was called chocolate cherry. It was a long time ago, but I recall that it stayed true to color for quite some time.

I dye my hair every 4 weeks with Nice n Easy, Nutrisse or Belle Colour - which ever is on sale.

I don't have any problems with the colour fading.

From what I have read, the biggest culprit to fading hair colour is water.

I only wash my hair every 4-5 days so perhaps that is why the permanent colour stays.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dye my hair every 4 weeks with Nice n Easy, Nutrisse or Belle Colour - which ever is on sale.I don't have any problems with the colour fading.

From what I have read, the biggest culprit to fading hair colour is water.

I only wash my hair every 4-5 days so perhaps that is why the permanent colour stays.

You are so lucky. I have to wash my hair everyday or I'll look like a greasbucket.

Originally Posted by LUVINBEAUTY /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dye my hair jet black too! Love it! I've tried all brands even getting it professionaly colored but it lasts about a week or so I feel your pain! But believe it of not I just tried this Herebel Essence color from the grocery store. It was like $2 or $3 and its lasted at least 3 weeks, its still in and hasn't faded yet! Maybe a fluke IDK its the first time but I haven't bought a new one yet haven't had too LOL good luck on your quest. Oh, I will definately have to try Herbeal Essences thanks!

Trying giving yourself an apple cider vinegar rinse a day or so before coloring, This will remove the product build up that coats the hair causing your color not to "grab". Also you might want to try using art quality henna. All of that color/chemical usage is not good for your hair or body.

Originally Posted by MissMaryMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif You are so lucky. I have to wash my hair everyday or I'll look like a greasbucket.

Oh, I will definately have to try Herbeal Essences thanks!

Have you been able to try it yet? Any good results?

I Dyed My Hair Jet Black Lots Of Times x] The One Thats Lasts Ages For Is 'Schwarzkopf Live Hair Colour'

I use Preference by Loreal and their Vive color safe shampoo and conditioner and have never had the color fade..

i have naturally dark brown hair, but i keep it black & blonde.

they used to sell this jet black powdered hair colour at Hot Topic that was called RAW. you just mix the powder with water & it turns to this gel-like consistency and you apply it like hair colour. no harsh chemicals, smelled awesome, and most importantly, DID NOT crispy my hair! it last forever, too! it didn't wash out in to my blonde, either. i would only have to color my hair every couple months, and that was just to touch up the roots, because that stuff didn't fade in the least! it was cheap, too, so that made it the perfect hair color. i was seriously in LOVE with that stuff!

sadly, the discontinued it & now their RAW 'jet black' comes premixed in a bottle. i used it ONCE. it smells like grapes & turned my blonde chunks blue. i'm totally ok with turning my blonde bits pink every now & again, but i do that on purpose!

now, since they went and f-ed with a good thing, i use Feria, which is ok. it doesn't last near as long as the other did & if i use Starry Night, it turns my blonde blue-ish. i don't remember what the other black colour is called, but it isn't as dark & is more of a brown-ish. Starry Night is a better black i think, but it has that unfortunate blue effect.

ramble ramble ramble.

I dye my hair every 6 weeks or so when the roots start showing through. But my colour stays really vivid throughout. I use the Schwarzkopf range, particularly the XXL line as I dye my hair blue/black and purple/black and their colours are gorgeous. I also use their red dyes sometimes. Fabulous brand!

Back