How often do you change your bed sheets?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering, how often you change your bed sheets?

I usually change my bed sheets twice a month.

It used to be once a week though, but I changed it to twice a week to simplify my life lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am a once a week gal, any longer then that my hubby's back will break out for some reason. So it is a have to kinda thing or I would wait 2 weeks.

Oh god, I'm not answering this question....hahahahhaha

I sort of rebel, because my mom made me change them every week growing up, now that I'm on my own, let's just say I don't do it every week....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Twice a week. I have a weakness for expensive linens. Trust me, the cheap ones don't hold up under that kind of washing. Thank goodness for the Macy's One Day Sale. I bought $139.00 Queen sheet sets for $29.00 because they only had beige left. These were 300 thread count. Beige works for me now!!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Leony I usually change my bed sheets twice a month. It used to be once a week though, but I changed it to twice a week to simplify my life lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Me too
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SewAmazing Twice a week. I have a weakness for expensive linens. Trust me, the cheap ones don't hold up under that kind of washing. Thank goodness for the Macy's One Day Sale. I bought $139.00 Queen sheet sets for $29.00 because they only had beige left. These were 300 thread count. Beige works for me now!!
icon_smile.gif
I really wish I could find inexpensive bedding set for my mattress.

I'm using Serta mattress wide Queen size, it's so hard to find it in town where I live.

I always have to mail order for this, blah.

Once a week and yes, I do agree that spending the extra $$ on the higher thread count is well worth it.

Originally Posted by **Jen** Oh god, I'm not answering this question....hahahahhaha
I sort of rebel, because my mom made me change them every week growing up, now that I'm on my own, let's just say I don't do it every week....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hahahahaha!! I love your honesty and i'm with ya on this one.

Originally Posted by Rosie Once a week and yes, I do agree that spending the extra $$ on the higher thread count is well worth it. I'm also with you on th^at. I love my 300 count Egyptian cotton sheets! They are so soft and really do last a long time.

Even though I have about 5 sets of sheets for my bed, I use the same one over and over again
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Once a week if I'm feeling up to washing them, every 2 weeks if I'm not.

Once a week for sure.

I found soft queen size (deep pocket) 350 thread count sheets on sale at Sear's for $59.99 reduced from $79.99 and I love them. I never bought a thread count that high because they're always so expensive and even though there is way higher than 350 - I now see what the fuss is about.

Its softer on your face, skin, hair - worth the money - but hunt for sales!

I'd like to do it more often, but I end up switching out the sheets on all the beds in the house every two weeks. I love the feeling of a freshly made bed!

Once a week for the sheets and pillowcases, and every other week for duvet covers... my mum is regimental!!!

Not often enough
icon_redface.gif

I should be changing them every week, because our apartment is usually too hot (even in the winter, since the management controls the thermostat) and we sweat at night sometimes .... ewww.... but laundry is just so time-consuming and EXPENSIVE since we have to use the coin laundry machines in the basement! I calculated that we've spent almost $400 in one year in quarters alone (which excludes laundry soap)! We are really hoping our next apartment will have a washer, dryer, and dishwasher because this apartment has none of them!

I do, however, change my pillowcase at least once a week so it won't clog my pores! (Plus I use a white pillowcase since my acne medicine bleaches fabric, so I can wash it in the whites load rather than with the colored sheets.)

Once a week. I have a large pillow top mattress that is difficult to find sheets for and I only have a few sets that fit and I get so frustrated when you wake up and the sheets are off the bed arggh!

was listenin to z103.5 (favoutrite radio station aha) about a week ago and they had something along the lines of this...was just some nifty things to know like how often to replace your matress or clean bath towels:p it also said it was a good idea to change your bed sheets once a week

Call me obsessive but I have to change my sheets every time I wash my hair and that's 2 sometimes 3 times a week.
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek I do, however, change my pillowcase at least once a week so it won't clog my pores! (Plus I use a white pillowcase since my acne medicine bleaches fabric, so I can wash it in the whites load rather than with the colored sheets.) Me too, for pillowcase!For sheet and futon, twice a month for me. I've done it once a week and it turned out its complicating my life, I'm doing all the house chores all by myself. I cook twice a day everyday for the families, vacuum the whole room in my house three times a week, waxing the house floor twice a month.

And everything! Soon I'll have to change all the summer cover futon to winter type.

I am still young, and I don't have kids yet, but I already felt like a mother of four children!

So I have to find a way to lessen and simplify my housewife chores.

Housewife chores are exhausting, but the good thing is that I am the Queen in my own house, and I can buy and do anything I want for sure. hehe
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Let me say I would like to change my sheets every week, but truth is, I don't always do it. We have a dog and a cat and sometimes the dog jumps on the bed. Believe it or not, I actually vacuum the sheets before I wash them because of the dog hair. This is a pain in the neck to do.

I agree that high thread count is worth the extra money. Has anyone boughten sheets from QVC or HSN? I bought sheets from HSN that were actually either 600 or 800 thread count. I have also gotten sheets from QVC that I believe are either 300 or 350 thread count. They were reasonably priced too.

Petite Syrah

Back