What are you thankful for in 2009?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With Thanksgiving coming up (not that I celebrate it) I thought it'd be nice to have a thread about what we are thankful for! here is my list:

I am thankful to have had the opportunity to travel, to live and work in another country, to meet kind people and to learn

I am thankful that I have a family and friends who are supportive of me, who love me and think of me even though i am far away.

I am thankful that I have found knitting again, and that i can fill my time when I don't have internet or television with something useful and productive!

I am thankful that my internship is finishing one week early so I can shop, pack, and see all the tourist sights for an extra week!

your turn!

i'm thankful for the little things, like that i have money enough to feed myself well everyday

i'm thankful that i have somewhere warm and safe to sleep at night

i'm thankful that i have the opportunity to learn and go to university

i'm thankful for the people who love me and take care of me

most of all.. i'm thankful for MUT!
biggrin.gif

lol, I'm also thankful of mut. I love my muters, even though I'm sure you guys think I'm the crazy secret santa Nazi, LOL

Thankful for my new husband, new house, new car and new life. Times get stressful and I'm always freaking out but if I step outside the box for just one second I can see that things are really fantastic. Who ever thought I would find the most perfect loving man who cares for me unconditionally and could possibly love baseball and hockey as much as I do
smile.gif

PS Also that God gives me to strength everyday to follow my heart and my dreams.

I am thankful for my husband! We just married this year and I cannot be more blessed!

im thankful for my fiance, he is the best, my family for always being there for me, my cats for cuddling me when im upset and no one is around, MUT because other people care about makeup as much as me! lol, chocolate for being there for me every month
smile.gif
, and who-ever makes slankets for keeping me cozy warm when its cold lol

My NEW Job As of yesterday (lol) My tWO gorgeous Babies, My New SINGLE Mother of two Title (YAY), & My Friends & family Who Are Forever Loving & Supportive!!!!!!!!!!

I am thankful for my sweetheart and kids.

I am thankful for my health and my family's health.

I am thankful that I have enough money to pay the bills plus a little leftover for pretty things and cheeseburgers.

I could go on and on because I am very blessed.

I want to be thankful for a sweetheart or a partner!

but I can be thankful for this time of reflection, of being free to see and do what I want, to share my time with whoever I like, and having the opportunity to become the type of person I want to be...

BEFORE I meet and be thankful for a partner!

I'm thankful for my 3 great kids. My hubby who always makes me feel beautiful, even when I am not wearing makeup. :-D My health. My friends and family. I am thankful for every day.

I am thankful for my kids, hubby and the rest of my family; for all of our health and well being. I am also thankful to have a job in this horrible economy.

i was thinking about this last night cause i was upset about the breakup again and i realized i have a ton to be thankful for.

i am thankful for...

having a suportive family, and friends that are always there for me, and enjoy my company.

Doing well in school, and in my research which will hopefully help me get into a good graduate school.

Having the time to not only do whatever i want, but also having been given the chance to re-determine who i am. I felt i lost much of who i was in the last relationship i was in and have been really happy to re-define and discover that.

My health, and the life i have. While i do sometimes think i have horrible health and am always going to be unhappy (yeah depression makes you think crazy things like that) I am actually really healthy. Besides the depression the only other illnesses i get are colds, which i get about 1-2 times a year.

My brain, i have an amazing memory. My mom has "chemo-brain" and forgets some of the simplest things. having my memory and being around people who either dont or have a poor memory makes me really appreciate it.

MUT, i actually really love this place, and even though i do not know anyone here in person i feel more comfortable sharing some of my personal issues with people here, rather than people in my life.

Stuff, i dont mean i am thankful that i have stuff (though i am) i more mean i am free of want. I am lucky enough that if there is something i truley want i can have it, even if it does take time for me to save up for it. More importantly that means that i have everything i need in life including food, shelter and clothing.

I am very thankful for god for making me survive through this recession period hoping he will extend his hands in 2010 also.

i am very thankful for my daughter.

I am thankful for my grandfather and his family to make me realize what the world is like and how the relationships are.

Foremost I'm thankful for the most supportive and loving soulmate I could have ever been blessed with and our wonderful children with whom I adore completely. I'm thankful for the incredible job I have which makes it possible to fulfill all their wishes. Their happiness is my success. I thank the Lord for bringing us all together against the odds. I love and adore them.

I'm always thankful for my awesome wife and family... For putting up with me... And my health.. And ice hockey (playing for the finals tonight so had to get that in..). And a great job.. And really thankful for Chocolate and caffine!! Mainly chocolate.. Chocolate cup cakes!!
smile.gif

This has been an extremely tough year for me, I've slipped in and out of depression, had to take time off work with stress, nearly lost the most important person in my life through other peoples' meddling and watched that same person change so much that, at times, I doubted whether they should be the most important person in my life. But I've come through most of it and I'm still here so:

I am thankful for my friends, my real friends. The ones that have been there for me all year. The ones who have stopped what they were doing to help me. That kind of friendship is hard to come by these days and I feel very lucky to have people like that to count on.

I am thankful for my independence. I only moved out of my parents place about a year and a half ago but I have changed a lot in that time and I feel it has made me a stronger person.

I am thankful for my boyfriend. We don't have a straight forward relationship and it's either one extreme or the other with us. We are either madly in love or want to kill each other. This has been a hard year but he's always been there for me when it mattered and if we haven't split up after the past 12 months I can't see it ever happening. <3

I am thankful for you girls. When I joined this forum I was in such a low place, but you girlies have helped me without even knowing it. I love how everyone is so accepting and friendly, it's rare to find people like that to me... so thank you =]

I am thankful to all my favourite authors. Reading is one of my biggest passions and I can lose myself in a book for hours on end. It's therapeutic and if there was a fire in my flat my books would be the things I would salvage. Not my makeup, not my camera... not even my shoes!

<3

Bring on 2010

I am thankful for my hubby and the love that we have for one another.. He is always there for me in my good and bad times...
smile.gif

Back