My First No-Buy :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the mortgage is due, car payments and all... Progressive Energy decided they were going to build a nuclear plant and we should start paying for it even though its an idea
pedro.gif
so the electric went up... everything seems to be going up! And I haven't received my education benefits for months (MGI Bill, not sure if you know anything but they owe Veterns million$!! and I happened to be one of them)

So me and my husband decided we are on a NO BUY for the whole month of December! (well except Monday, I'm going to take a little trip to MAC) but after that 1 WHOLE MONTH I'm not going to buy any nonsense! Nothing but food and gas!

Whew! I think its going to be a rough one
kopfkratz.gif

But hopefully we can do it!

PS I AM OPEN FOR SWAPS
smile.gif

MUA? No I don't have an MUA account. I don't think I've ever looked at it
frown.gif
I've heard horror stories on here about swaplifters though.

They are suppose to take five days after your enrollment has been certified. But September is was 6-8 weeks. October 8-10 weeks and now they are saying over 12 weeks! So every month they are getting pushed back further and further. My husband receives them too so its quite a large sum of money but.... when your not getting jack...

Definately sucks on the benefits no-show! I think it was Plato who said "the only good lawyer is a dead lawyer." We can expand that to include the politicians, and since most politicians are also lawyers, we'll get 'em all in one fell swoop!

Stay strong on the no-buy for December, Luvinbeauty, worst month of the year. If you can get through that, you can get through anything.

aagirlie... omg! Thank you so much you are too sweet
smile.gif
Hopefully I can stay strong though. Got to get through all the sales and stuff. My husband just went to the VA at Bay Pines... I think its the regional office or something but they cut him a check for a little of what they owe him so... we'll get though the month. Whew! What a relief. But 2 days and going strong!! Its harder then people may think though, making a conscience effort to NOT SPEND MONEY, holy cow!

And really I'm a bad impulse shopper! The gum, the sodas, the AS SEEN ON TV crap in the Wal-Mart check out aisle. Who couldn't use a SHAM WOW!?

How would you even use a SHAM WOW!!! No, you do not need it, no no! Mantra for the day "I am woman, hear me roar 'NO!'"

Ha ha ha ha ha! Right!

I added something to my NO-BUY! No eyeshadows for 2010 unless I hit the pan! Only replacement shadows!

Doing all right on my no buy. I've wanted like heck to go to Sally's and buy a new China Glaze Polish but I've resisted
frown.gif
I just got into this polish thing too... maybe a little bit last month but now.... I WANT SOME POLISH! LOL! Six days in and its harder then I thought.

my suggestion would be to reward yourself, like set a limit of maybe 10 dollars a month on beauty products, and if you are good and you go the whole month with out spending than on the last day of the month you can reward yourself with a polish or something

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif It is hard. Do you already have a lot of polish?
frown.gif
No I have one OPI a few minis and one China Glaze! I'm so sad just thinking about it.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif my suggestion would be to reward yourself, like set a limit of maybe 10 dollars a month on beauty products, and if you are good and you go the whole month with out spending than on the last day of the month you can reward yourself with a polish or something Awe thats cute... might work too, thanks! REWARDS ARE AWESOME

also i have to go through my polish collection, i have some old essie and opi polishes i do not want, if you want to send me your mailing adress i will gladly send them to you

you dont have to, i am trying to get rid of stuff i dont use (which means i try to get rid of stuff and than i am like welll what if i need it one day lol)

plus i am weird and really like giving peoiple stuff

Oh everyone... I'm going in on an NYX deal for 3. I'm not cheating! I just got a $39 ebay refund from some sorry seller who sent me the wrong palette over 3 weeks ago. So.... forgive me. I'm spending less and its Paypal money not bank money (makes me feel better) I can't spend it on anything else anyway. I s*%#t canned Bank Of America because they are Nazi's! So I can't withdraw it. Paypal money is my freebie money
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif you dont have to, i am trying to get rid of stuff i dont use (which means i try to get rid of stuff and than i am like welll what if i need it one day lol)
plus i am weird and really like giving peoiple stuff

Oh please let me send something, I'll feel better about it
smile.gif
consider it a swap!

Hey come on! Don't dog me out!
banghead.gif
Thank gosh that sell was a bust!

My husband is pissed though! Now he wants to go buy another gun! I mean sheesh it was a busted sale from a month ago... it was all ready spent.

You are so right, Luv, it's money already spent and you can't get it back from those type of accounts. You still have to spend it. I'm in the same situation, something I bought a month ago wasn't shipped and the vendor refunded the money. It's in my Paypal account and I can't put it back in my checking account, so am I going to let it just sit there?! No way, I'm spending it --again!! It doesn't violate the no-buy rules because it's money already spent. Now if you got a check in the mail refunding, that's a little different. That gives you the opportunity to put it back in the checking account. Your hubby has the rules all WRONG!! He can't go out and spend new money. What if it was a bad tire you bought and got a refund for? Would you have to put that money back in the bank and not spend it? No, you still need the tire! So spend it again!

Back