Coastal Scents eye poxy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently ordered the coastal scents eye poxy shadow primer after reading really good reviews about it on makeupalley.com and I was wondering if anyone else has had a chance to try? Please let me know what you think? It's only $11.95.

I ordered it last year. I switched back to UDPP fairly quickly. The consistency is kind of weird. It's almost like small little balls of gel that kind of melt together? Dunno, I could never tell if I got a bad product or if that's just how it's supposed to be, and sometimes it would take a bit of rubbing to get the balls to melt all the way, and it'd kind of feel greasy after it did.

I think I did try it off and on over a few weeks though because it's always nice to find something for cheaper if it works as well -- I just don't think i could get over the consistency thing so I just stopped going for that jar anymore.

edit: I just checked the site...it looks like they've changed the formula to be less "grainy". I don't remember the one I ordered being a "formula 2" so I'm guessing I have the original formula.

I never tried it, but from what annelle says it seems like it may be something that would work better if you have dryer eyelids. as is i have super oily eyelids (i cant use UDPP even since it makes my lids feel to oily) and have been pretty happy with my too faced shadow insurance, and would proboably not be trying this out. while it is less than what i pay now, it would be a waste of my money if it did not work

Well, I've read something about the 'ball' thing
smile.gif
I read that you just have to use very little or you'll get that.

I received the older version in a swap and I can't get over the texture. It does ball up and won't seem to melt together and kinda clumps up on my eye even if I try to melt it first between my fingers or on my hand.

I have to say though that if I take the time and actually get it to melt and work that it works fantastically. I have super duper oily eyelids and UDPP, paints, paint pots, shadow insurance, you name it, none of them work well for me (my eyeshadow is still creased after a couple of hours), and the eyepoxy does work better for me.

I've been meaning to try the new version of eyepoxy because supposedly the consistency is better. Just haven't had the chance. Please do let me know if the new version is better.

Latest posts

Back