Advice Please :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so recently divorced and feeling pretty clueless since most of my past relationships have been long term. Out of the loop as far as "dating", haha.

So, I've met someone at work who seems great so far. I had noticed him for awhile...had a co-worker let him know I was interested! He is not really within my department or circle of friends so...

When he first found this out, the next day he sent me an email to find out if it was true, and we've been emailing back and forth since then- A LOT. He is funny, seems smart, and we just seem to have a lot to say...and "mesh". This is all just from emailing. It has been a couple weeks now that we've been doing this.

So...here's the thing. I was the first to make the move and express my interest. I'm not completly old fasioned, but something tells me to wait for him to make the next move, like asking for a date (lunch date maybe?). I figure, he knows I am interested obviously and if he wants to ask me out, he will.

I am just wondering what everyone else thinks and what you would do?

Thanks in advance!!!

yes!! ask him out!
smile.gif
you have nothing to lose, it sounds like he likes you back so just go for it
wink.gif

Yes go for it! and if hes not interested there is plenty of fish in the sea no worries

if it was me i would go for it and ask him to go for a drink after work, lunch dates are too quick i think and by the time you are relaxed its over. but if its after work its easy to make an excuse to go home and excape if it goes wrong or if its going well you can go on somewhere else for a meal. good luck!

iM nOT Brave lol I would not ask him for fear of rejection , Not that rejection totally scares me but If I gotta work at the same company as him than I would not want to chance running into him Or the news spreading around the office!!!! But who knows if you really want to I say Go for it GoodLuck!!!!!

Originally Posted by MakeupByMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif iM nOT Brave lol I would not ask him for fear of rejection , Not that rejection totally scares me but If I gotta work at the same company as him than I would not want to chance running into him Or the news spreading around the office!!!! But who knows if you really want to I say Go for it GoodLuck!!!!! This is a big part of what's stopping me too, lol. On one hand...why would he waste his time emailing back and forth if he wasn't interested? But then, what if he is just seeing what I am like, and really doesnt "like" what he sees enough to want to go out??? I keep arguing with myself about this!!!

If he was really interested wouldnt he have asked me by now? What do ya'll think?

I have a few questions:

Is there any policy in your company about dating other employees?

Are you 100% sure that he is 100% available? Some guys are very good about hiding significant others. - Maybe this is why he hasn't asked you out yet.

If he is free to date you, I would let him pursue you. Men love the chase so let him catch you.

He’s Just Not That Into You - by Greg Behrendt

"Men like to pursue women. Men like not knowing if they can catch women. Men feel rewarded when they do. Especially if the chase is a long one."

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a few questions:

Are you 100% sure that he is 100% available? Some guys are very good about hiding significant others. - Maybe this is why he hasn't asked you out yet.

If he is free to date you, I would let him pursue you. Men love the chase so let him catch you.

"Men like to pursue women. Men like not knowing if they can catch women. Men feel rewarded when they do. Especially if the chase is a long one."

As long as we do not report to the same manager, which we don't, it is ok to date within our company.

Yup, positive he is single. It's one of the first things I found out.
smile.gif

I was leaning towards letting him ask me...guess I'm just a bit impatient, heheh. I guess I just am wondering at what point should I say enough is enough? Obviously were not close to that point yet, (barely a couple weeks)... but curious nonetheless..

I definitely do like the idea of being chased, and not always doing the chasing..been there done that!

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a few questions:

iagree.gif
Wonderful advice!!!!

I personally feel it is better to wait for his move as you have already did the first move by letting him know you are interested.

just play through mails and see what happens one day or the other if he is interested he will call you out..

Men are good at hiding lots of things, Carolyn!
smile.gif
. And they also love to be chased although they may not admit it.. I'd ask him out!! Ok I wouldn't ask him out but I think you should!

everyone's advice is good, but if it was me, if i like someone that much, i'll just go for it. playing mind games and waiting for him to ask you might just get you nowhere. asking him yourself will at least get you somewhere, even if it is rejection- but i think he would be likely to accept at least one date from you. asking him yourself makes you seem confident and appealing, which no guy can resist.

Thanks for all your advice everyone! I actually did end up asking him...he was doing a lot of hinting, so I just went for it!!! The night seemed to go pretty well. Thanks again!!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back