• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Swapping at MuT

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What can we do to get the swapping up? I've sought after swaps now for several months and I don't even receive a reply
frown.gif

Now that I'm on a No-Buy for the rest of the year I'd love to try new things still but through swapping to save a buck.

A lot of people recommend MUA but ahhhh.... this is my home
smile.gif
I stick to what I know. I just wish the swapping was up... is there anything we can do?

Its honestly kinda hard here because it seems like we dont have alot of active members wanting to swap. I would still suggest getting a mua account and just using that to research deeper into someone's history of swapping. Unless they have like 20+ feedback herre and that wont be many. Make a swap list, add items and read others swap lists and wish lists. I wont lie, I dont do things as directed, I will pm back and forth with whomever I want to swap with and go from there, I really dont list :/

I would love to swap, too. I really need to save money. I don't have a list either.

Originally Posted by LUVINBEAUTY /img/forum/go_quote.gif What can we do to get the swapping up? I've sought after swaps now for several months and I don't even receive a reply
frown.gif

Now that I'm on a No-Buy for the rest of the year I'd love to try new things still but through swapping to save a buck.

smile.gif
I stick to what I know. I just wish the swapping was up... is there anything we can do?

I understand what you mean, I had a Lancome Erica F up here for swapping for weecks and noone contacted me about it. It is a shadow that goes for serious money in Ebay because it is not available in the US.

I'm down to swap with some MUT ladies too. I have a whole traincase full of stuff I haven't touched in MONTHS. I'll be working on my swap list today.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif yall make a list! swapping is fun when you do it with the right people! That means I would have to move, lol. I'm so tired all the time now, it's frusterating. The list is the way to go! I'm not looking for anything in particular but if something catches my eye I will swap for it for something I have.

Originally Posted by LUVINBEAUTY /img/forum/go_quote.gif What can we do to get the swapping up? I've sought after swaps now for several months and I don't even receive a reply
frown.gif

smile.gif

I'm on MUA too but I mostly just go on there to look up product ratings/reviews. I heart MUT!
I've always wanted to swap but the horror stories have scared me.

Yeah, it's strange, our swap center is very much like MUA's but is more functional with the way it works. Oh well. maybe it will pick up someday

I had tried swapping here, but i found it discouraging because i never got replys and i found most people had there wants very limmited.

additionally lets say you only have one item up for swap, you can only request a trade one person at a time which is kinda anoying because if the person did not get on to either agree or disaree to the swap you could not move on to another item you would trade for

So I'm trying to getting my swap on at MUA. I've been getting some hits here and there hopefully close the deal on one soon and I'll let you know how it goes
smile.gif
tootles!

BUMP! I was reading over this and I have never swapped before, but I defintely want to start. I have to read MUT's rules about swapping because I'm not 100 percent certain how eveything goes but, I'm sure I'll get it soon!

I'm now a member on the mua site--going to check things out a little and I'll give it a try on here as well.

If anyone is interested in swapping some stuff PM me or contact me @ http://www.makeupalley.com/p~MUFaNaTic

TTYL!
smile.gif

Okay, i am putting all my swap items up now on MUA,

my user name is orangeeyecrayon

also i decided against selling any, i got hanukah money, and since i love makeup it is all being swapped!

Woohoo! Finished my first swap and it turned out great! oh yeah! Going to swap some more
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back