The clothes you love (but look horrible on you)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think we've all experienced this at least once-- unless you're the type of person who looks great in everything. But for the rest of us, we've probably all glanced at a really cute shirt, or a pair of jeans that would do nothing but emphasize one of our bad features.

First I'll list some things I can't wear and then I'll list a few that I can (because I'll need an ego boost after this, lol).

Personally, things I can't wear but wish I could:

• Skirts (I jog fairly often so my legs are too bulky for skirts)
  • Shorts (same reason)
  • Any shirt that shows midriff area (I have a bit of a bulge...)
  • Open-toed shoes (my feet are not cute)
  • Strapless shirts/dresses (my upper arms are plump)
Some things I can wear:

• Tunics/long shirts (YES! Despite the bulge issue I'm a full-figured woman and tunics take the emphasis off of the belly and redirect it to my shape. I *love* these types of shirts)
  • Low-cut shirts (I have a decent rack)
  • High waist shirts (Hides the bulge, emphasizes the breasts. Double win!)
  • Shirts that drape - example (I especially love these)
  • Jeans (but I don't know many people who can't wear jeans).
Anyway, the whole reason why I was inspired to make this post is because...I caved in to the pressure when I saw a really cute top a few days ago and bought it ;_; I knew it would look godawful on me, but it was so pretty. It makes me look unbelievably porky but it's just so darn cute I think I might have to sign up at YMCA just so I can wear it.

If it makes you happy then just wear it and to hell with what you perceive others may think. Walk around with a big old smile and quite frankly, that off sets just about all those flaws. People are more attracted to a big smile much more than they are just about anything else.
wink.gif

Shirts with ruffles on the front. I don't think of my breasts as being abnormally large (I'm a c-cup), but I just look absolutely ridiculous in shirts with ruffles on the front. lol.

Anything that shows my legs. My wardrobe would expand significantly if I could wear skirts/shorts but I'm kinda short and I'm thicker from the waist down. I hate showing my legs if I don't have to lol. Plus, being a huge tomboy growing up I have so many dark brown scars everywhere.

oi. things i cant wear

turtlenecks.

shirts with ribbs. especially turtlenecks with ribs.

tube tops

ruffle shirts

skinny jeans

im picky on my jeans as well as pants i dont particularly look good in pants.

Leggings with anything but a long top.

Only certain long tops work.

super short skirts

super long skirts

shapeless dresses.

Things i can wear!

Dresses

skirts

heels

yoga pants
wink.gif

v neck tops

i found this out today- anything bodycon cut. i wanted to buy a velvet bodycon dress for christmas day a bit like this

base_media

and i tried a few on and they all looked AWFUL on me. i'm a large size 8 (us 4), still pretty petite but these things make me look FAT. i never thought i could look fat, but they really brought out the worst in me.

My legs are huge so they just don't like right but I would love love love to be able oto wear a skinny jean
frown.gif
especially with a high boot.

skinnyjeans1.jpg

I would love to be able to wear skinny jeans too but they don't work with my body type. For some reason I can't wear cap sleeves because they make me look like a linebacker, even though my shoulders aren't broad at all.

Strapless dresses! I always fall in love with the way they look on the model and then HATE the way they look on me! I guess I just haven't found the right strapless bra yet, or need to get a boob job.

I have cankles soooooo:

skirts

capris

basically anything that shows legs

skinny jeans

turtle necks

spaghetti strap anything

soooo many things.

all empire waisted dresses make me look pregnant

and any light colored waist anything and trapeze dresses, shirt dresses, any dress that does not have a defined waist- all for the same reason

anything with a chevron stripe, which bums me out because i love Moschino dresses- cuz they make me look even shorter, and wider

super low or even just moderately low jeans (no ass, so they fall off)

leggings for the same reason

maxi dress, because i swim in them

short shorts, because i really need to tone up my inner thighs a bit more to feel comfortable in them

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif soooo many things.all empire waisted dresses make me look pregnant

and any light colored waist anything and trapeze dresses, shirt dresses, any dress that does not have a defined waist- all for the same reason

anything with a chevron stripe, which bums me out because i love Moschino dresses- cuz they make me look even shorter, and wider

super low or even just moderately low jeans (no ass, so they fall off)

leggings for the same reason

maxi dress, because i swim in them

short shorts, because i really need to tone up my inner thighs a bit more to feel comfortable in them

Empire waist! That's what I was thinking of when I said "high waist shirts". Didn't know the name of them.
I'm really short too =( I try to compensate by wearing shoes with some heel to them, but it doesn't help much. I'm not a big fan of high heels (I think they look gorgeous, but I'm a comfort over glamor kind of girl) so the types of shoes I go for don't give me too much extra height.

Empire waist dresses/tops - I have big boobs, so it just hangs from under the bust making me look preggo. Seriously not a good look. Same deal with flowing things, because I have an hourglass figure, flowy/bagging clothing makes me look fat.

Skinny jeans - I am a curvy girl, so I just look ridiculous in them.

Halter tops like this one - I think they're elegant and sexy, though I have big boobs and broad shoulders... I cannot begin to tell you what a terrifying visual it is when I try on this style.

img-thing

oh i forgot my boobs. anything low cut, v-necked or scoop necked doesn't really do much for me. i have a smaller chest, so sometimes tops don't fit me right, it's super annoying.

slightly oversized tops. I love them on other people, but when I try them on I look like I`m disappearing in them because I have a slim upper body.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif there isn't much that makes me look good.... sigh..... Oh Karren stop it! You know your fabulous!

Karren, you're fishing for compliments !

Oh boy, this sounds like a lot :

Empire waisted pants/dresses, i'm not pregnant thank you.

Any spaghetti thing, broad shoulders, big boobs and acne scars, horrible is an understatement.

Anything strapless, same reasons.

Bolero cardigans, they show off my boobs which obviously don't need the extra attention.

I won't even try to put on skinny jeans !

Very funny Aude!! But I am serious! So much more looks bad on me than looks good!! Not that I wonder why or anything! But I'd be listing for ever!! Lol.

Back