Bad Sign

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so this is a continuation of another thread I posted. I went out for drinks with this guy from work on Friday. It seemed to go well. When we were leaving he pulled me to him for a BIG hug. Like it seemed like he was going to pick me up (or crush me) lol. It caught me off guard.

So now I'm not sure what to think. Sent him a message on facebook the next afternoon just saying I had a good time, and he sent one back. He was real jokey as usual.

Problem is now he has been really "quiet". We used to email back and for every day and on Monday, nothing. Then Tuesday I replied to one of those forwarded joke emails that he sent and just asked him how he was. We emailed a few times that day.

So, is this a bad sign or am I over-reacting or reading too much into things? Keep in mind we never exchanged phone numbers. And, yes, I know this was not a date. I am just really out of practice with men in general so sorry if I sound clueless!!! LOL guess right now I am...

This is how i see it:

You and he work together and you found him interesting.

After waiting for him to make a move, you finally you ask him out.

I'm not sure but did you tell him that you were only wanting friendship from him or something more?

He tries to give you a hug and I can only assume you either thought it was too soon or you didn't want anything physical from him.

Unfortunatley, he feels rejected because you didn't respond to him.

Or he could be immature and not sure how to deal with his emotions.

In any case, he doesn't know what to do or how to react - so he is pulling away.

This is one of those situation that is getting complicated over lack of communication.

You might just want to be friendly and let the rest go.

Or else let him ask you out - but be clear as to what you are looking for.

Nothing much is going on right now but simple conversations and a get-together. There's a point when I would question the validity of a relationship: we're spending "quality" time together i.e. movies, dinners, parks, etc.. , exchanged numbers and frequently talk about your interests, anything like e-mails, comments or notes that suggest he's open to a relationship. You're not overreacting but do give it some time.

Back