• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

So I don't know about you guys...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
But I would never swap with a user with less than 100 posts.

I'm still brand new to swapping which is why I'm being very cautious.

I've read all the horror stories on here and on MUA about users who sign up, swaplift someone and then their account just mysteriously disappears.

It just seems logical that a user with an established account [frequent posts over a long period of time] would be less likely to swaplift.

Senior swappers, please share your advice with us noobies! =)

I am a senior swapper who at one point got dragged through the mud with a swaplifter. Anyway, I have plenty of tips in no particular order. You follow these you will have no problems:

1. If you have less than 50, dont swap with anyone under 50. Find people with over 50 tokens to swap with.

2. Remember if you have less than 50, you have to send first to the person with over 50. Its only fair.

3. Research tokens. Look at the times of the last token given, check and see if they gave tokens back to that person, pay attention to people who have a lot of tokens in a short period of time and tokenbuilders

4. read notepads. You can learn alot about the person you are swapping with, likes dislikes, wants, their rules.

5. International people: are the worst people in the world to deal with if you dont protect yourself (no offense). They will lie in 12 seconds flat and say they received nothing. But thanks to the USPS, you have to do a customs for for every single package you sent overseas and to canada. And that customs number? Guess what? Its a DC number and will tell you if the package has been delivered. Dont send first to internationals under 100 tokens. Take consideration of what you are shipping, shipping is high to the UK and places like that.

6. Dont multiswap with members under 100 tokens and send first. Just.dont.do it!

7. Dont be afraid of people with negatives and neutrals. If they are swaplifting related, be cared, but if they are associated with slow shipping, or drama, ignore it. Remember you can always ask that person questions about their tokens. If they want to swap, they will tell you the truth

8. Once addresses are exchanged, the swap is finalized, if you back out, you can be given a neutral. Communication is key though, some swappers will understand if you have good reason

9. Check your package. You cannot reverse with a swapper if you run across something that was not the color/smell you hoped for. You can reverse if it something is rotten, old, moldy.

10. Please cross reference user names with Watson list of famous swaplifters. Names, addresses, email addresses etc is on that site.

I know a ton more but if you have any questions ask me! There are a few others really good swappers on mut as well, maybe they will chime in

Thanks for the tips, April! I've swapped a few times on MUA but haven't since because it's just so nervewracking hearing about all the swaplifters and such.

those are supper helpful April, i have never swaped before (only purchased from a sale and sent some one something after they paid for shipping). I have been super nervous about getting started and those tips make me feel like i am less likely to get swaplifted

Thank you so much April! I'm just getting into swapping on MUA outside of close friends. This post helped tons!

I always check feedback first and no not just the number of feedback. I look too see when the person joined and the # of feedback. If you joined 3 months ago and you have 150 tokens I always check to see if the people who have left tokens are also legit.

I once had a person who had like 75tokens and when i looked to see who had left them it turned out to be the same 3 fake accounts created by the same person over and over again.

Back