What Not To Do Wearing Makeup: A List.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not blending your eyeshadow.

Orange foundation.

Foundation on your lips.

Raccoon eyes.

Too harsh eyebrows.

Drawings on face using eyeliner (except Halloween).

Black lipliner.

Too much glitter.

When your lip color gets stuck to your teeth.

Dark lipliner + nude lips.

Add to the list.

i'd do all of those things.

i don't think there's rules when it comes to makeup!

Makeup rules always make me think of The Stepford Wives.

1. Don't wear any makeup style that you can't pull off. We don't all have to look the same. Whatever you wear just make it your own.

Originally Posted by jazzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif makeup rules always make me think of the stepford wives.
1. Don't wear any makeup style that you can't pull off. We don't all have to look the same. Whatever you wear just make it your own.

i second that!

Make sure you can rock it! At my local store there is this girl who wears black liner, light blue eyeshadow and she has some glitter on her eyes and cheeks. She can rock it! lol

Rule 1) Don't let your husband or boyfriend get into your makeup.... make him get his own!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Rule 1) Don't let your husband or boyfriend get into your makeup.... make him get his own!!
smile.gif
Woo Hoo Karren! Love this one!

I love glitter and I love drawing designs around my eyes! Not that you can really see anything behind my glasses lol!!

I agree with most of these... but I think (and it's hard for me to admit it) lipstick is making a comeback. I hate pale glossy lips! Especially with too tan skin.

Some rules I have picked up over my years using make up are:

1. Keep it clean! Sanitize make up after each use to prevent introduction of bacteria to your poor face! Icky things could grow on your sponges that give you acne or even on your eyeliner that could cause an eye infection :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2. Sharing isn't nessicarily caring. If you share makeup with your friends without properly sanitizing it, you could tranfer bacteria such as eye infections etc.

3. Don't be a pack rat. Toss makeup thats past its prime, don't hold on to it when it starts to develop a funky smell or consitincey, as well as if it begins to sperate or change color.

4. Have fun with it! Experiment! Don't take it too seriously, because if you don't like it, you can just wash it off
smile.gif

Thanks, Here's the classic makeup mistakes..

1.heavy base

2.clumped up mascara

3. Streaks on makeup

4.Dark lip color with discolored teeth

5.Using expired cosmetics

6.going to sleep with makeup

I sleep with my makeup on all the time. Sometimes I wake up looking even sexier than I did before I went to bed.

"2.Drawings on face using eyeliner (except Halloween)."

Individuality is good,your face can be your canvas.

Experiment!

Not moisturizing before applying face makeup (foundation, concealer..). Nothing is worse than having flaky cake face!!

I think clumpy lashes are a big no-no. I also hate seeing bright blush on older ladies (it sits in all the creases. I agree with you DOPE on all of your peeves! I am sadly getting too old to wear too much shimmer (much as I love it!), I think its very ageing if not used carefully! Very good thread.

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'd do all of those things.
i don't think there's rules when it comes to makeup!

Totally agree!

I do racoon makeup EVERY day.

Its my look.

All I have to say is that when it comes to make up, we restrict ourselves, a dont FOR ME, is no brown makeup, that doesnt mean it goes for everyone else.

Make-up rule # X

Do whatever makeup that suits your mood, and makes you confident in who you are, regardless of the conventional rules broken.

Latest posts

Back