Sign in to follow this  
Dope

What Not To Do Wearing Makeup: A List.

Not blending your eyeshadow.

Orange foundation.

Foundation on your lips.

Raccoon eyes.

Too harsh eyebrows.

Drawings on face using eyeliner (except Halloween).

Black lipliner.

Too much glitter.

When your lip color gets stuck to your teeth.

Dark lipliner + nude lips.

Add to the list.

Makeup rules always make me think of The Stepford Wives.

1. Don't wear any makeup style that you can't pull off. We don't all have to look the same. Whatever you wear just make it your own.

Originally Posted by jazzie View Post
makeup rules always make me think of the stepford wives.

1. Don't wear any makeup style that you can't pull off. We don't all have to look the same. Whatever you wear just make it your own.

i second that!

Make sure you can rock it! At my local store there is this girl who wears black liner, light blue eyeshadow and she has some glitter on her eyes and cheeks. She can rock it! lol

Originally Posted by Karren View Post
Rule 1) Don't let your husband or boyfriend get into your makeup.... make him get his own!! smile.gif
Woo Hoo Karren! Love this one!

I agree with most of these... but I think (and it's hard for me to admit it) lipstick is making a comeback. I hate pale glossy lips! Especially with too tan skin.

Some rules I have picked up over my years using make up are:

1. Keep it clean! Sanitize make up after each use to prevent introduction of bacteria to your poor face! Icky things could grow on your sponges that give you acne or even on your eyeliner that could cause an eye infection :o

2. Sharing isn't nessicarily caring. If you share makeup with your friends without properly sanitizing it, you could tranfer bacteria such as eye infections etc.

3. Don't be a pack rat. Toss makeup thats past its prime, don't hold on to it when it starts to develop a funky smell or consitincey, as well as if it begins to sperate or change color.

4. Have fun with it! Experiment! Don't take it too seriously, because if you don't like it, you can just wash it off smile.gif

Thanks, Here's the classic makeup mistakes..

1.heavy base

2.clumped up mascara

3. Streaks on makeup

4.Dark lip color with discolored teeth

5.Using expired cosmetics

6.going to sleep with makeup

I sleep with my makeup on all the time. Sometimes I wake up looking even sexier than I did before I went to bed.

I think clumpy lashes are a big no-no. I also hate seeing bright blush on older ladies (it sits in all the creases. I agree with you DOPE on all of your peeves! I am sadly getting too old to wear too much shimmer (much as I love it!), I think its very ageing if not used carefully! Very good thread.

Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
i'd do all of those things.

i don't think there's rules when it comes to makeup!

Totally agree!

I do racoon makeup EVERY day.

Its my look.

All I have to say is that when it comes to make up, we restrict ourselves, a dont FOR ME, is no brown makeup, that doesnt mean it goes for everyone else.

Please stop wearing foundation that you matched by swatching your hand!

that is all

Make-up rule # X

Do whatever makeup that suits your mood, and makes you confident in who you are, regardless of the conventional rules broken.

Originally Posted by Aelle View Post
I sleep with my makeup on all the time. Sometimes I wake up looking even sexier than I did before I went to bed.
tocktock.gif

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar View Post
I'm with Aelle tho! It's happened to me b4... The slightly smudged eyeliner and rumpled hair? OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!

SEXAY!

Haha, exactly!