Maybelline EyeStudio?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? Like the Revlon Photoready stuff, this is supposed to be out in Spring but was still launched early. Obviously they are copying Mac but still, bogo....

spring10_maybelline.jpg

I've been trying to find reviews for these items but I can't just yet. I'm very curious on the mineral duos as I love to use them wet but I don't want to buy it without you guy's advice. They are really gorgeous in person but I've had bad experience with maybelline eyeshadows. That top one looks alot like my Play on Plums duo. Any experience or reviews?

Edit:

Found a good picture

01maybelline+pearl2.jpg

They're so pretty!!

I hate Maybelline. Hate. I have seen them in store, but I won't buy them (and not just because I am on a no buy). I am consistently let down by them.

not heard anything about this, but omg those duos look so pretty!!

i agree with leticia though. i don't like maybelline generally.

That's what I was thinking. I highly doubt any of these will wow me but I was hoping lol.

i hate the look of that trio (or is it a quad?) though. that's enough to put you off the brand all together. it's horrific packaging when the rest of it looks so nice.

Yea it's supposed to be a quad. I really hated it too. It looks so harsh lol.

So when I was in walgreens today and I happen to come across the stand for it and since they were having a Buy One get Half Off on Maybelline products. I decided to purchase the Matte Mousse which I hate and made it into a moisturizer, then brought the shadow duo in Carbon Frost. Solid Carbon on one side and marbelized pink which is Frost on the other. Basically I've been playing around with it for the past 3 hours
laughing.gif
and I must say, I like it... for now. May post pictures later.

Looks like an okay product.

I don't care for any blush or eyeshadow that has the color"divivided."

i have the "quad" shown in the picture. I really like it, the texture is beautiful!! I hate when you have to stroke 5 or 6 times to load a brush!! This one is soft and picks up very nicely, and applies very nicely
smile.gif
Two thumbs up! LOL

I tried the eyeliner today and I've got to say...

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE IT! hg hg hg hg H...G...

It's dry enough to dry once it hits your skin and moist enough to not crumble...It's like magic...

And the included brush is of GREAT QUALITY! Read: might as well buy it for the brush. It's made of metal and plastic and the fibers are silky yet firm (just firm enough to line and not poke your eye out).

It DOES NOT smudge or crumble into your eyes.

I got it 40% off at Walgreens (all Maybelline Eye/Nail is 40% off through Sunday) for like $6.99.

HG! REPEAT...HG!!

EDIT: I took some pictures of it for you all.

QR0hu.jpg

I have to try the eyeliner now! Maybe in purple, because I already have a bunch of black ones lol.

That liner is not very black. My Wet n Wild liner is much deeper colored than that.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif That liner is not very black. My Wet n Wild liner is much deeper colored than that. Omg I love WnW eyeliner! I have their liquid eyeliner.. I'm not sure if it's my mascara or the eyeliner but sometimes it seems to smudge..
Anyways, back on topic ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The colors look really pretty! I'd be willing to give them a shot if I liked maybelline..
pedro.gif

I'm late to this thread, but I just saw the eye shadow palettes at Walmart and I was so tempted to buy one. I didn't though, I don't buy drugstore makeup anymore because I don't use it enough... it just goes to waste. The palettes are very pretty though.

From the swatch of the liner, it doesn't look like the greatest, but who knows.

I posted my swatches last week in the swatch section but I figured it might be good to post them in this thread too. It is quite dark and because of the brush type you can control it well.

maybellineeyestudio2.jpg
maybellineeyestudio.jpg

Back