What is your New Years resolution?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After I finished my medical assisting course, Ive always wanted to go to a nursing school after but now, its been 4 months already and i havent been goin.So, finally going to a nursing school is one of my new years resolution and plus I am hoping to change my lifestyle by being on controlled of shopping!!Gush..I must admit that Ive spent too much money this year for clothes,shoes and god forgive me.. MAKE UPPPPP!!Im such an addict!..but yea..Im plannin to change that..So Im really hoping for the best!Wish me luck!

Good luck to you! Especially with nursing school. My new years resolution is cliche... I need to drop some weight. Packed on about 20 more pounds then I would like
frown.gif
Just bought Insanity, hope it works LOL

Wear my hair natural. lol

Im not going to do the whole weightloss thing because thats like my everyday resolution. lol

for me, it would be to own less stuff. When I got back from overseas I was shocked by how much STUFF I had, so much that I could barely even find what I have, because it is crammed in so tight - makeup, clothes, shoes... I want to own less.

I also want to move forward in my career and possibly start a phd. I don't know, I haven't quite decided what to do with myself yet.

For me it will be the same as last year. To add at least another 15k for the year to my income. And this year to find my S.O.'s dreamhouse. For myself, to enhance what I already have.
smile.gif

I have none, I cannot limit my self to setting personal goals once a year. I quit smoking in March, I stopped drinking in March, I am happy with my image, I stopped biting my nails back in May, Im getting my education, I dont have to/need to work, and losing weight only gets me pregnant, so SHAMWOW!!

Wow @ Aprill, you've accomplished a lot this year. Great job.

For me, I'd say be less fat, less mouthy, less cluttered, less of lots of things...

Haha who am I kidding? I'll just go for less fat and finding more little happy things in my daily life. To make my SO happier.

LOL @ Aprill.... I need to loose weight.... 10 pounds would be awesome..... Play more hockey..... Listen to my wife and remember what she said!! That should probably be number one........

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions; they are a set up to feeling like you failed if things don't go as planned- and most people's resolutions rarely get past March.

So, I am just waiting to see what comes. Any changes I make will be when I'm ready.

rosie i have the same problem! with living in two places, leeds and liverpool, i've accumulated so much STUFF in both places that just won't fit in one room. if i ever move out properly from leeds or have to move back out of liverpool, i will have a serious problem. i need to start throwing things away. i had a huge clearout over summer of clothes and things but i still feel like my life is cluttered!

i also want to start wearing heels. not huge ones, at first, just phase myself in with a nice pair of kitten heels. i love the look of heels but i can never put up with the pain, but i'd like to be able to.

i always say the same things but it's more of a 'need this done now' at this point:

get a job. and not one wasting my $10,000 license.

be more active and start feeling better. eating things that aren't killing me(i have celiac disease and don't eat what i'm supposed to at all)

and trying to give my boyfriend more space. and not be so needy and clingy. which goes with that. being ok with going places alone.

Join a sports team (i am thinking crew but dance and cheer leading are also an option)

work out (kinda ties in with the sports team thing)

Get all A's in my classes (for grad school i need at least a 3.5 and i am currently at a 2.989)

And finally get into graduate school lol (this only applies if i am able to graduate by may 2011)

aww good luck on the grades and classes!

i'd like to walk more too. with my dogs. we finally live pretty close to a nice park so i think my little girls(aka my doggies
tongue.gif
) deserve some time to run around other than our backyard.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif Join a sports team (i am thinking crew but dance and cheer leading are also an option)
work out (kinda ties in with the sports team thing)

Get all A's in my classes (for grad school i need at least a 3.5 and i am currently at a 2.989)

And finally get into graduate school lol (this only applies if i am able to graduate by may 2011)

Holy CRAP Jayme! A 3.5? You must be doing professional studies? I have to have a 3.0 to apply for grad school. I have a 3.2 now but I mean dang, I have to TRY for it. English smoked me this last term too.... C-! Hopefully I get to start the Masters program in late fall
smile.gif

Good Luck To You!

Hmmm, I have a list of goals I want to work towards!

- Put a stone on so I'm a healthy weight

- Get a new job

- Put this year's drama behind me and get on with life

- Expand my makeup contacts and get more work

- Move into a bigger place

- Save up for a mortgage deposit

- Learn to drive.

2010 looks busy!

I want to go into genetics on a phd level (research not councling) and all the good schools that give you grants so you can do your studys full time you need at least a 3.5

I am strugling to get a 2.9 as it is but luckily most of my hard classes are out of the way so my grades will hopefully go up

I will continue with my resolution to eat only a small amounts of sweets (since if I could I would eat them everyday, very unhealthy!). I had this resolution for two years already and it has been working really well! I pretty much was able to keep it
laughing.gif

I do not run- I absolutely hate it. but I started to add it into my cardio routine and am beginning to tolerate it... so my biggest resolution is to add 3 miles a week to my run. I am at 10 miles/week, so by next December I would like to be at 46 miles/week or 11.5 miles for four days of my week or 9 miles for 5 days.

SECOND- I need to really work on proper capitalization of my sentences. I have a problem with non-caps.

THIRD- I need to work on closing cabinet doors and turning off lights. Seriously... I am so bad at both.

FOURTH- I would like to pay off 30% or more of my debt.

Latest posts

Back