Iphone or Blackberry?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
in australia I can get them both for the same price on a 24 month plan, so I'm just interested in how good they are in terms of use.

I want to be able to email/blog/forumize from my mobile.

What do you guys reckon? Iphone or blackberry?

i use the iphone, and so does my mom.

Both my brother and dad use black berrys

I think they are both great and have there pros and cons i do not know much about the black berry models but from seeing my dads and brothers this is what i can tell you

Typing on the iphone does take some getting used to and even when you are used to it is slower than typing on a blackberry.

However, i ended up going with the iphone rather than the blackberry because i found it had much less of a learning curve. the iphone is one of the few phones where i have yet to find an ability the phone has several months after starting to use it. It is just simple and intuitive to use.

I am sure others will be able to chip in more on the pros and cons but that is a starting point

iphone, iphone, iphone... my boyfriend has one... other people I know too... they all love it. I know people who have the blackberry and like it but would rather have an iphone

it's so much fun and also good for practical purposes

My hubby and I both have iPhones. My eldest son got a Blackberry and has coveted my iPhone ever since. The iPhone has lots more apps and once you get used to the keyboard, it's fine.

I loved my Blackberry phones, but they were a little difficult to master. They're awesome and the features are very useful once you actually discover them, though! I loved using my BB for emailing. I'm not a fan of the iPhone, but only because I wanted to do too much with my phone and couldn't unless I had it jailbroken, and then I couldn't update it lol.
frown.gif
It is very user-friendly though.

Gah, I don't think that helped at all lol! I have the HTC Touch Pro 2 now, and it's way better than both the phones, so just do that. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've always heard that if you're into apps and using your phone for entertainment, get the iphone. If you're going to make a call, get the blackberry lol. I personally had the iphone for a month and HATED it. Sure you get cool apps but the prices are beyond ridiculous sometimes, I was always worried I'd crack the screen (which many iphone users I know have done so,) if you don't have a good 3G area it won't be fast (my BB is wifi and Edge so I'm used to it) and if you don't like itunes (which is one of the main reason people get it) definitely avoid it. I'm not an itunes fan for the mere fact that I don't have internet access everywhere. I really hated having to do everything on a touchscreen which makes it harder to use sometimes, especially when typing.

I don't really play many games on my BB. I mainly use it to google info, MuT, email, some media usage (I do use it as a second mp3 player bc I have a micro SD card), IM... The BB is a bit harder to navigate at first but once I got used to it I fell in love.

Edit: My particular BB is Wifi and EDGE only bc it's a curve, which was it's only downfall imo, but most have 3G capabilites.

Blackberry. It has the advantage of a real keyboard.

The Iphone is very fingerprint friendly, fragile, if your adored pet eats your headphones (which also contain the free hand mike), replacing it will cost enough you'll want to cook the pet
laughing.gif
. Plus also internet works well, but it really depends on the reception, so it can be slow or fast.

Typing a text message or an email also takes some practice, but apparently it's something you get used to quickly.

You will also have to use Itunes.

On the other hand, the Iphone looks great, cool and it has obviously a lot of features, like being also an mp3 player, and think, podcasts ! The add-ons you can get for free or buy are almost endless. Just a few days ago i saw in the public transports a man playing Scrabble on his phone !

It's my own personal opinion but everywhere i turn it seems everyone owns one, so just to be anticonformist i would get a Blackberry. Maybe Karren would be able to tell you more about it.

I love my Blackberry. I haven't had any problems with it, learning it included. You can surf and email from it fine. The iPhone has more apps and stuff but they are at a nominal fee usually and sometimes quick pricey. If I were going to get a touch screen I would definitely be surfing for something other than iPhone. Lots of new phones are app friendly. Judging from Karren's posts, I think she MuT's on her BB so she may be a good source of information regarding that.

Karren was the one who got me surfin MuT with my BB. It's the first thing I tried to do when I got one lol. The Mini Opera browser made it much easier but now you also have the option of downloading Bolt Browser. I have but still prefer opera.

Another vote for the iphone. The touch screen was off-putting for me, at first, but then you get used to it.
smile.gif

Yeah!!! Love my Blackberry!! Not fancy and mine has the old qwerty keypad. And love Opra mini too! I can be surfing on 2 or 3 forums at the same time... Using Opra and the BB browser and facebook for bb..

Um...well I have neither. I do have my new iPod which I'm guessing is the iPhone except you can't make calls on it. So I guess I would say iPhone.

I have an iPhone and am pretty happy about it. Haven't tried Blackberry though. Google maps can be a lifesaver, and the bus apps to tell you when the next bus comes. Use it all the time. There are lots of cool and useful apps available for it

Back