And this whole pigment thing gets just a little messier....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The only thing that came to mind when I saw this on Temptalia.com was "wait a minute....what?)

media_macspringforecast004.jpg

Crush Metal Pigment in a shade wave of four stackable jars, specially selected for the Spring Colour Forecast collection. Provides intense colour payoff and medium coverage with highly reflective metallic sparkle. Creamy, crease-resistant. Long-wearing. Limited edition.

Price:

Crush Metal Pigment: Stacked 2! ($32.50 U.S. / $38.50 CDN)

SERIOUSLY? 4 1tsp pigment samples for that price? Done done and done!
smokin.gif

OMG WTF!!!???!!! They have lost their minds! $33 smackers? Not gonna happen!

Do they know we can get samples for like 3 bucks ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha this must be a joke?

Originally Posted by Chaeli /img/forum/go_quote.gif Will wait for their 75% off sales. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You mean their going out of business sale?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif You mean their going out of business sale?
wink.gif
Originally Posted by Chaeli /img/forum/go_quote.gif Will wait for their 75% off sales. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> bwhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif You mean their going out of business sale?
wink.gif
That was exactly what I was thinking as I sent the last post. LOL!!!

Damn, that really sucks! Those are such pretty colors too! Do you suppose you are paying as much for the packaging on this one--maybe more than the product? Not that that makes it any better since you can get those stackable jars at any craft store. That is just nuts. I wanted those colors until I saw the price!

You have to wonder what goes on in the heads of their accounting people. Do they really think they're going to sell a lot of these sets at that price given the current economy? Even in a good economy, with lots of money to burn, I wouldn't pay that much. Common sense seems to have no place in business anymore.

mac actually sells those empty stackable jars at pro stores and possibly fs stores. it's out of control

I don't think MAC will ever go out of business as long as people still throw their money at them like they are the best and only makeup company out there.

But I refuse to pay $33 for that crap.

Back