Three easy looks - White Glitter , Pink , & Tri-Color

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
White Glitter Eye

4235305115_6f1c0537e2.jpg

I wanted to do something really frosty, like fairy ice queen, without resorting to blue eyeshadow. You can't actually see how sparkly the white glitter is in this photo, it was rather vivid, like tiny diamonds on my eye.

How I did it:

Brows:I filled in my brows with the MAC Hodgepodge Lip Pencil , which is a taupe-brown lip pencil, but it works great with my new blonde haircolor. To comb my extremely sparse brow hairs into place, I used the Revlon clear brow gel.

Eyes: I primed my entire eyelid with the YSL Touche Nacree Pearly Touch pen. I put a little dot of eyelash glue (Ardell) on the back of my hand, then sprinkled a little bit of the MAC Pro Glitter Reflects Pearl into it and mixed quickly with a small, flat concealer brush from Mark Cosmetics (synthetic hair brush works best) and applied the glitter to the bottom lid area. I added some of the loose glitter right on top of it to make sure there was plenty of coverage. Don't be afraid to add a little more, but do it in very thin applications at a time. I took a hair dryer and on a cool setting, I dried the eyelash glue/glitter mixture. Your eyelids might seem to feel tight and a bit hard. Just keep blinking until it feels a little less stiff. I also feel that it helps to raise your eyebrows up and down to stretch the lids a little.

With the 219 MAC Pencil brush, I added a matte taupe-medium brown eyeshadow to the crease of my lid. This eyeshadow was from my Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette. Since my brow bone was already highlighted with the YSL frosty pen, I moved into the eyeliner. I used my favorite MAC Chromaline gel eyeliner in Black Black. I applied the gel liner to the lower waterline of my eyes and smudged it with the MAC 219 pencil brush, and had dipped it into a darker brown shadow from my palette to give it a smoky look. I finished off the eyes with the black Lancome Fatale mascara (triple comb wand).

4235305235_4e5418e591.jpg

Cheeks :You really can't even see from the photo, but I used the Sephora brand Blush me Trio in Brun 12 (shown below) as a contour color, highlighter and a bronzer. I finished off the cheeks with Benefit Coralista Blush.

P182200_hero.jpg

Lips: Simple. Just a gloss. I used Lancome Juicy Tubes in Miracle.

Foundation Used: Maybelline SuperStay Foundation in Sand Beige, and Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light 4-5.

Pink / Violet Quick Look

When your friend says she's on her way over and you have like 15 minutes to do your makeup...it's either time to panic or get out your quick kit. There is no physical "kit" put together, but it's a way of saying.. no fancy blending or contouring, just high impact color in minutes. You basically need to say good-bye to any sort of hair-do.. just put it in a pony tail or bun with a cute headband, or put on a cute hat.

4236082060_18f790a08e.jpg

Eyes: (Brows are exactly the same as the tutorial above) I primed my entire eyelid with the YSL Touche Nacree Pearly Touch pen, I also created a small dot in the inner corners of my eyes and blended with a light touch with my ring finger. I applied the crease color MAC Pro Passionate Matte eyeshadow color first, using the 219 MAC pencil brush, then blending quickly with the MAC 224 Tapered Blending brush. I then applied the MAC Star Violet Veluxe Pearl eyeshadow on the bottom lid, then blending it up into the crease, very lightly, just to mute the crease color just a bit.

I used my favorite MAC Chromaline gel eyeliner in Black Black. I applied the gel liner to the lower waterline of my eyes and smudged it with the MAC 219 pencil brush, and had dipped it into a darker brown matte shadow from my C.S. palette to give it a smoky look. I finished off the eys with Maybelline XXL Volume mascara with the V-comb wand.

4236081844_8e5c853c2e.jpg

Cheeks: I threw on some quick blush, the MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle (Raspberry with gold flecks).

Lips: MAC Lip Varnish in Pink Patina. The Lip Varnishes are lightweight, not sticky and sheer. You can't find them anymore, but I have seen them on ebay.com.

4236082380_e7d4b7ceb6.jpg

Sephora Inspiration Look

As my friend an I were passing Sephora, we noticed a cool picture of a tri-color eyeshadow look in the window, and I luckily found a picture of it online. Sephora.com says that the colors used are Sephora brand eyeshadows, but since I didn't have those at home, I used similar colors.

4236092314_08d2a03229_o.jpg

Eyes: I used the Benefit Cosmetics Lemon-Aid eyelid primer all over the entire lid. I then applied the Too Faced Silver Shadow to most of my eyelid, except for right under my brows. You can experiment around with different silver shadows, the one I used isn't a shadow you can buy alone, it normally comes in various Too Faced kits. I feel like the one that I used wasn't pigmented enough to get that high-intensity shine. If I do this look again, I will try a loose mineral shadow or pigment.

4235306551_ba9f8e7005.jpg

To test the pigment of my blue and purple shadow, I made a light application of each color: MAC Aquadisiac eyeshadow in the inner corner and up into the inner crease with the MAC 219 pencil brush.

4236083472_3c7b01360f.jpg

The outer corner color could have been better, but I was pressed for time, so I used the Too Faced purple eyeshadow from the same set that the silver eyeshadow came from, again, using the MAC 219 Pencil Brush.

4236084264_ec66c022ba.jpg

4235306711_2650ef4ecc.jpg

The eyeliner.. of course.. MAC Chromaline Gel Eyeliner in Black Black.

4235306813_35c9b8ee54.jpg

I continued to apply the eyeliner to the bottom waterline of my eyes. I cleaned off my MAC 218 pencil brush and used the MAC Aquadisiac and Too Faced Purple on the bottom under the lashline.

4236083294_2b47a5b3b7.jpg

I applied one coat of Mark Cosmetics Make it Big Plumping Mascara.The Sephora model was wearing false lashes, but I really didn't feel like putting them on just to go out to a quick dinner downtown.

4236084312_a125878c43.jpg

I touched up the purple shadow just a bit to try to deepen the color, but it wasn't dark enough. This look came out less dramatic than I intended, but it seems like a nice introductory tutorial for someone new to using more than one or two colors of eyeshadow.

4235307669_51f00e9c63_m.jpg

Face: I applied a sheer wash of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Porcelain Pink to forehead, cheeks, bridge of nose and chin.

4235308221_9e7d9af482.jpg

Lips: MAC Lip Varnish in Pink Patina.

It's been a busy week, so although I sped things up a bit with these tutorials and tried to combine them, I hope you will be able to try these at home with no troubles. Just leave a comment if you have questions! Happy New Year, everyone! Happy New Decade!

what amazing looks! i LOVE how you do your eyeliner, it looks so smooth. my favourite is the tricolour but they're all wonderful
smile.gif
thanks for posting!

I really love the white glitter look. Was it hard to put eyeliner on top of it?

YOU ARE GORGEOUS. Now that I've got that out of the way, thanks so much for the tutorial! I love all of these looks!!

I looove the second look! It's something that I could totally wear to school.

The Sephora inspired look is also gorgeous!

I'm not into wearing frosty eyeshadow on myself, but the way you did it looks really cool.

Back