Courier Query - Please help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

This is probably a silly question but i wanted to get your take on this.

I am about to order some cosmetic product samples from America (I am in Sydney, Australia) and they have come back and said the following;

"For shipping all we need is courier name and account number, we will then call to schedule the pick up once the order is ready to ship."

As this is for a business venture I imagine this means that I need to setup a courier for them to deal with??? Or have a read this wrong?!

Would appreciate any info on this as I'm a little lost at the moment.

Thanks everyone,

Kate

I order from around the world and have never gotten a mail asking for anything like that.

it sounds to me, like yes, they want you to have an account with a courier, and they will ship through that courier.

At my current job, we use DHL for international deliveries, and we pay monthly, via an account. It sounds to me like they are asking for a set-up similar to this, so that you will be charged for the delivery through the courier company you are already paying for.

Does that make sense?

Thanks guys
smile.gif

pinksugar - do you know if you can setup courier accounts just 4 receiving parcels?

Do you recommend DHL? Do you know roughly how much they charge?
smile.gif

Thanks again!

Yes, for sure, you need to take courier service in this regard. Usually, people perform such tasks in advance but I don't know why you didn't hire the courier service in this regard. Secondly, you should also ask the courier company does it have insurance in the case of damage of any of your products.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds to me like they are asking you to book the courier service yourself which is weird?

Why can't they just use USPS, which if it's only samples should be fine, and the cheapest method?

DHL (or FedEx or UPS or any of the others) is going to cost you a small fortune to send something which seems insignificant from the US to Australia unless I'm missing something and you need these shades and can't find them anywhere else?

Latest posts

Back