Did You Get Yours?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
! I got the Alice in Wonderland BoS! I'm so excited!! I ordered so I have something to look forward to the next week but I the fact is I have one on the way
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

urban-decay-680x680.jpg

I justified it (aside from the gorgeous packaging) since my last true haul was mid December and I need a pick me up right now. I'll post pictures when I get it next week, not that all us haven't already been drooling daily over the other swatch thread lol.

Edit: I just got my BoS in the mail today. The first thing I noticed was how super gorgeous the packaging is. The pop ups had very lovely details and if you're an AiW collector, this is a must.

On the other hand, I did have a good bit of disappointments
frown.gif

1. The mirror is useless. I know, I know I didn't buy it for the mirror but if I'm paying 52 dollars (which I did) I would like to have an usable mirror. Most of the popups cover it up and I won't even remove the plastic cover on it bc I know I'll never use it.

2.If you hate glitter DO NOT GET THIS!!!! 7 of these are glittery with the most glittery one being Midnight Tea Party (aka Midnight Cowboy Rides Again) and the rest being at least half as glittery which isn't saying much bc Midnight is ridiculously glittery to begin with. The only two matte shades are Mad Hatter (aka Twice Baked) and Jabberwocky (aka Oil Slick) but they're glittery, very contradictory imo. It would've been nice to have at least one or two completely matte ones.

3.I know that I don't have alot these to begin but I hated that they're all just renamed. Overall I don't regret it bc it is a nice addition and I haven't bought anything in awhile but you know if you buy an UD palette it will always have repeats of older palettes which really stinks when you collect them. Here's the list of the real names moved to the top:

Underland aka Flash

Alice aka Painkiller

Oraculum aka Baked

Queen aka Last Call

Chessur aka Chopper

Wonderland aka Maui Wowie

Curiouser aka Grifter

Muchness aka X

Mushroom aka Mushroom

Midnight Tea Party aka Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

Vorpa aka S&M

Absolem aka Homegrown

Drink Me, Eat Me aka Sin

Mad Hatter aka Twice Baked

Jabberwocky aka Oil Slick

And you can see that I cut my finger pretty badly in a hurry trying to open the damn thing lol.

utf-8BSU1HMDA4ODgtMjAxMDAxMjEtMTExN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA4ODktMjAxMDAxMjEtMTExN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA4OTAtMjAxMDAxMjEtMTExN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA4OTEtMjAxMDAxMjEtMTExN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA4OTItMjAxMDAxMjEtMTExN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA4OTUtMjAxMDAxMjEtMTExO.jpg

The Design

utf-8BSU1HMDA4OTktMjAxMDAxMjEtMTEyM.jpg

Edit one last time:

I've grown to love this palette. I know I stated that I hate glittery eyeshadows BUT I forgot you could use them wet. I apply udpp, apply it wet with my homemade glycerin mix and let dry for a minute and voila!: barely any glitter fallout and it actually stays!

We refreshed their page until it opened the purchase form. *is it here yet...*
smile.gif

Bwahaha got mine. Well I don't have it but I purchased it. Now just to stalk the tracking number til it gets here
lol.gif

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lucky you! When you get it, can you tell us if it's similar to BoS 2? Of course
smile.gif
! I know Midnight Tea Party is definitely Midnight Cowboy Rides, Pursebuzz duped that one. She also mentioned that she heard that alot of these are from the Ammo Palette but she wasn't sure. More info on that here. I'd read the comments because many are posting potential UD dupes or what they believe they are. They're all renamed e/s from their regular line so chances are many UD fans already have all of these. I only have the BoS II and Deluxe box (of which comparing swatches online, at least 6 look like their from the Deluxe box, Mushroom=Mushroom from the BoS II) so I'll only be able to compare those.

If anyone else has any more info on the real names post them here so the indecisive ones can know if it's worth it or not
smile.gif
. I'll post dupes here as well.

The colors are listed on the UD website.

Underland (Flash), Alice (Painkiller), Oraculum (Baked), Queen (Last Call), Chessur (Chopper), White Rabbit (Polyester Bride), Wonderland (Maui Wowie), Curiouser (Grifter), Muchness (X), Mushroom (Mushroom), Midnight Tea Party (Midnight Cowboy Rides Again), Vorpal (S&M), Absolem (Homegrown), Drink Me Eat Me (Sin), Mad Hatter (Twice Baked), Jabberwocky (Oil Slick).

Originally Posted by sooperficial /img/forum/go_quote.gif The colors are listed on the UD website.
Underland (Flash), Alice (Painkiller), Oraculum (Baked), Queen (Last Call), Chessur (Chopper), White Rabbit (Polyester Bride), Wonderland (Maui Wowie), Curiouser (Grifter), Muchness (X), Mushroom (Mushroom), Midnight Tea Party (Midnight Cowboy Rides Again), Vorpal (S&M), Absolem (Homegrown), Drink Me Eat Me (Sin), Mad Hatter (Twice Baked), Jabberwocky (Oil Slick).

Thanks Sooperficial. I was going to point that out as I also read everything before I bought and considering I had none of the previous releases, it was an excellant buy for myself.
smile.gif

i need this!!! argh.

any of you in the states willing to buy it and ship me it? ill pay!! there's only 2000 released over here and not till march! i can't wait!

im on a no buy, so i cant get it.

Plus i hate the cardboard packeging they use on these things...

Lucy i can if you want me to just send me a PM

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Its sold out already on the UD website That was quick. Added some photos
smile.gif

That is a gorgeous palette! I like UD eyeshadows but agree some of them are too glittery. Great haul Adrienne!
smile.gif

Back