How far out there do you generally go?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to what you consider normal or typical fashion for people in your age group, how far out there do you go? What are you comfortable with, and how far is simply too far?
<3 Ligeia

I pretty much stay in my fashion habits, so except for my big boots i think i'm in the safe zone. Just don't be afraid of brights
laughing.gif

im a total Guy lol Jeans plain shirts shoes all in colors such as black blue white grey beige & browns lol Thats pretty much it No fancy belts scarves tights etc. I love seeing others with bright colors &
redface.gif
ut there" fashion but its not for me lol But when it comes to Makeup I go as far out there as possible !!!!!!

I don't know - I certainly don't wear what's fashionable at the moment for my age group, since it wouldn't flatter my figure, but then again, what I do wear isn't really 'out there' in the slightest, LOL

I wear what I feel is comfortable and what I know suits my body shape, which doesn't necessarily mean I will be following the latest 'trends'. I have a fairly classic style and my wardrobe is based on fairly neutral colours, it's not often I'll wear brights.

I have odd tastes so what I consider to be comfortable and norm, sometimes others consider off key. Do I follow fashion trends for clothing? Not especially. If I think stuff is cute Id grab it, if not I ignore it. I like unexpected pairings.

i like basics but in bright colors.

i also like staying pretty covered up, (as in no short skirts, or tank tops)

I'm out there over the edge..... especially for my gender.. Birth gender...

I have a lot of black and white pieces in my wardrobe but I also have a lot of very colorful clothing and vintage pieces as well. I don't show a lot of skin though, I don't feel comfortable in anything too skimpy. I'm not always very graceful and I could end up in an embarrassing situation fast with short skirts or too much cleavage.

I don't wear what would be considered 'in' right now. I tend to buy a lot of vintage clothes, mainly of the 40s/50s era. At the same time I like to wear quite rockerish clothing too. I pretty much wear whatever I think looks good regardless of whether it's a bit crazy or not. Same as with my makeup, I wear some pretty bizarre looks at times. But I'm happy being me so it doesn't faze me if people want to gawp!

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm out there over the edge..... especially for my gender.. Birth gender... he he.. Karren, your styles are great!
smile.gif
I would STRIVE to be as risky as you sometimes, though others I'm just as quiet as can be. It kinda comes and goes.. sometimes I'm in the mood to be daring, and others I'd rather blend in and be as quiet as possible.. It seems like the world outside kinda passed me by, and now the things I'd love to be able to get away with, I'd be 'preoccupied, with 1985..' So, I'm left with basic jeans and simple tops, adding a little glitter and glam with accessories & shoes.. with makeup it's completely with the event in question.. if I'm hitting the club, I go for vibrant and eye catchy, if I'm just out on the town to dinner or shopping, it will be muted generally or understated/natural (I want to look like I'm /not/ wearing makeup) when I have to wear it anyway.

Latest posts

Back