I miss my long hair - How do I help it grow quicker?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
BEFORE I got bored -

2008.jpg

AFTER I decided to chop it off -

befunky_artwork222.jpg

How do I get my hair to grow quicker!?

I want it longer..a little past shoulder length.

Is there anything I can put in it to help it grow?

My hair stylist said that prenatal vitamins and biotin helped hers grow faster. Btw I think your short hair is cute!

Awesome, I will try the biotin - my mom took that after chemo and it helped her hair. The prenatal vitamins would need some explaining =p

and thanks, I just don't like the way my bangs are cut - they are too short and make me look like a 12 year old lol

There is a shampoo and conditioner called F.A.S.T. that I have posted about before; It speeds up the growth process by 45% when both the shampoo and conditioner are used in conjuction. I'm as skeptical as the next, but Im also a hair stylist who owns a salon and retails this line and can tell you I have seen amazing results (I can tell it works as clients who would normally come in every 6 weeks for root touch ups, now come in every 4 weeks with the same amount of growth). Google it, Im sure you'lll find loads of info.

This is exactly, EXACTLY, like me. My hair's even cut quite similar to yours with bangs. o_o For about 3 weeks now, I've been using Mane N' Tail shampoo & conditioner. I think it's working because a lot of people are telling me that my hair looks like it's growing out really fast.
biggrin.gif

the prenatal thing- its true... because it has a lot of iron and b-complexes and what not. also, a good scalp massage... i totally believe in those. and staying away from heated hair products... its split ends that prevent hair from growing back faster.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif There is a shampoo and conditioner called F.A.S.T. that I have posted about before; It speeds up the growth process by 45% when both the shampoo and conditioner are used in conjuction. I'm as skeptical as the next, but Im also a hair stylist who owns a salon and retails this line and can tell you I have seen amazing results (I can tell it works as clients who would normally come in every 6 weeks for root touch ups, now come in every 4 weeks with the same amount of growth). Google it, Im sure you'lll find loads of info. I looked it up on google! I did find a lot of stuff on it but for some reason I didn't catch how much it is. jraci0025, I feel you. I'm having the same problem. Lol

Biotin and MSM do help my hair grow faster. It will take several weeks to notice but it does help.

Be careful about pre-natal vitamins, most of dont need the extra iron and excess iron in the body is not good.

hello....try hair oil; it really works! put it on at night before bed and wake up and shampoo it off...... usually coconut hair oil works the best but try others to suit ur hair...one more thing..Try using Aloe Vera. Just apply its juice directly to your scalp. It's cheap yet effective. You just have to be patient...

I know what you mean about missing long hair. I've had hair down to my ribs for 85% of my life and just recently had to cut off a lot of it that had been colored before, because I want to redye my hair.

The February issue of cosmo (the one with Anna Farris on the cover) has a whole article on how to get long hair. I'm not sure if you can still get it on news stands since I got it way earlier this month but I can try to summarize it.

It says any supplements you're taking for growth should have 100% of your daily value of zinc, biotin, and iron; plus it also recommends adding more protein to your diet. It also talks about keeping your hair healthy so it doesn't break off before it gets long (pretty basic stuff really). I think the most interesting tip they had was that you should really vigorously scrub your scalp with either your fingers or a scalp massage brush, since dirt/oil/dead skin can prohibit hair growth. I've also heard messaging the scalp that stimulate growth to so it's a two-fer.

If you really miss long hair though I would suggest searching ebay for clip in extensions. I was looking there the other day and you can find human hair ones very cheap.

Also get regular trims, not much, just the ends to make sure you don't get split ends that would damage your hair.

While you won't find any special miracle ingredient to make your hair grow faster, there are plenty of products that will protect your hair while it's growing! Look for things with keratin in it, air dry whenever possible, and (of course) get a trim on a regular basis.

Get GNC Ultra Nourish hair vitamins, they speed up growth really well. Also minimize heat tool use and always use a heat protectant when you style. I heard Mane N' Tail shampoo grows hair out too. I'm having a similar experience, I had a haircut of horrors a year ago!

I was going to post this exact same question because I'm having the exact same issue! I chopped my hair and I loved it, but now I'm bored of it because I can't do much in the way of styling it. I miss my long hair. I'm definitely going to try some of these ideas! Thanks ladies
smile.gif

Back