I am so sick of all the pink Valentine's Day looks!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Anyone know of tutorials for a nice, romantic look that isn't all pink? I am not a fan of Valentine's Day, but I have been wanting to find a nice, romantic look.

michelle phan also does a valentine's day look i think? or a romantic look, i think it uses lilac i can't remember.

i get sick of the pink eye tuts too. i just can't wear pink, it makes me look sorta rabid.

She does, but unless i'm mistaken, she uses a pink palette from Stila, it's a beautiful look but i'm sort of sick of pink looks too.

I'm sick of the matchy-matchy colors done for specific holidays. Green and red for Xmas, orange for Halloween...oy vey!

its so....common and all the tutorials start looking the same!

Julieg713 just did a very nice sultry smokey eye (that's not pink!) that I think is nice and VERY suited towards romantic evenings.

Well I love gunmetal and brown smokey eyes for valentines... I always thought pink looked juvenile for the occassion... I like the video that was posted.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sick of the matchy-matchy colors done for specific holidays. Green and red for Xmas, orange for Halloween...oy vey! Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I did a red and black smokey eye last year trying to go for more of a "vampy, seductive" look (kind of along the lines of the Red She Said - Love Alert face chart). Of course since red is still considered a valentines color, it probably could fall under the cliche.

Originally Posted by hollyxann /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Kandee Johnson.Here's the one she just did for v-day. It's blues

YouTube - "Fall in Love with me" Valentine's Make-Up

This look is really beautiful
smile.gif

when valentine's comes, i'll do a smokey eye. but i do that anyway when we go out places, it's my going out sort of look. the only specific valentine's thing i'll do is my nails probably.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sick of the matchy-matchy colors done for specific holidays. Green and red for Xmas, orange for Halloween...oy vey! Same here!

Back