Isagenix?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or know anyone who has tried Isagenix? It's a 9 or 30 day cleanse system...just wondering if anyone out there is farmiliar with it?

friends of mine swear by it and love love love it. i tried it once and couldnt handle the taste. if youre ok with strange tastes then go for it. theyve had great results with it but its not a long term thing.

That's what a lot of people have been telling me - the taste is horrendous. I think I can stomach it. The reason that I decided to start on the program (I should be gettin it in the mail sometime next week) is becuase of someone I knew ages ago, who used to be close to 300lbs started doing it about a year ago and has lost almost 100lbs so far. Obviouisly exercise has a lot to do with this...i'm not a fool to think otherwise. But googling isagenix, I've only found one or two negative things written about it....thats pretty impressive.

I honestly believe the only thing that gets thinner with these cleanses is your wallet. Your body can clean it self very well when give the right nutrition, which you need for weight loss anyway.

I never take supplements that contain a 'proprietary blend' because you really dont know what you are getting. This product could be 99% aloe, which some people do find helpful for intestinal health but not for weight loss. As with most supplements in this class I didnt see anything about this product that would be helpful with weight loss. And if it actually did, you would need to take it forever.

Weight loss is 90% life style change / 10% exercise. If this product encourages you to be healthier then thats great as it didnt seem to be harmful.

Originally Posted by DachsieDogMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif I honestly believe the only thing that gets thinner with these cleanses is your wallet. Your body can clean it self very well when give the right nutrition, which you need for weight loss anyway.
I never take supplements that contain a 'proprietary blend' because you really dont know what you are getting. This product could be 99% aloe, which some people do find helpful for intestinal health but not for weight loss. As with most supplements in this class I didnt see anything about this product that would be helpful with weight loss. And if it actually did, you would need to take it forever.

Weight loss is 90% life style change / 10% exercise. If this product encourages you to be healthier then thats great as it didnt seem to be harmful.

You may be right, you may be wrong. The only way to find out is to try it, which I will be. Hopefully it arrives sometime this week..im excited! Will keep you posted on if its a success or not..

You have it on the way so try it by all means. Post your results. I'm 5lbs overweight and even just that 5lbs shows in my bp so any attempt to find something that works for you is a good thing. I simply added a small salad with all my meals and cut all pork out of my diet so that should be fine for me. Good luck.
smile.gif

Okay so its day 1 of my Isagenix 30 cleanse....Anna you are right, the shakes taste like crap....actually to be more precise, they taste like Vasaline....yummy. I'm not hungry at all and am drinking tons of water...my first 'cleanse' day (no eating just cleansing) is on Sunday. Everyday other then cleanse days I have 2 shakes and a sensible meal of 400-600 calories. We'll see how it goes!

Ok so i'm on day 33....after the intial 30 days i decided to do another 30 days of the cleanse. In total i've lost 21lbs and 39 inches. Not bad.....

LOL Karren..

No its off of everywhere...I measure everything...neck, arms, chest, waist, butt, thighs!

That's great ! It's better to loose some fat everywhere you keep a certain balance in your appearance.

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif so how much does this cost??? Well, its not cheap. You have to factor in that you are payin for 2 meal replacements per day. When you look at it that way, it doesnt sting as much lol. USD im not sure but for my 1st 30 day cleanse (im going into my 3rd 30 day shortly) it was about $300 CDN. It gets cheaper the further along you get though. So far im at over 30lbs lost and 45 inches.

Just wanted to update anyone who cared....Ive been on Isagenix now for 4 months, was really strict with following the guide to a tee the first 2 months, still follow the plan but eat more food the last 2 months. My total weight lost is sitting at 65 lbs...as far as inches go, i lost track after 61 inches.

Wow Gina, nearly 30 kgs! That's an amazing weight loss! Good on you
biggrin.gif
Have you reached your goal weight yet?

I'd say im halfway there....a bit unrealistic to think i could be a super skinny women, but aim for the stars! lol Im definetly not done losing, thats for sure
smile.gif

In my experience working in the nutrition/sport supplement industry for several years. I have used and sold several of these "cleansing products". It's funny because back when Atkins/low carb was the new fad these products marketed themselves as "weight loss" support. You lose weight...WATER WEIGHT, and that's about it.

Back