Anyone tried the CG Outlast Lipstain?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought it the other day. It was pretty cheap, but it's exactly like a texta marker... so strange!

it tastes quite good. The CG website says:

Quote:
The water-based colorants of Outlast Lipstain give lips a beautiful, lightweight flush of color that won't come off, lasting for hours without the heavy look or feel of an ordinary lipstick. Its pen-like precision applicator makes it easy to define your lips-just draw on color without any hassle Anyone else tried it? I like the way it looks but I don't think that it lasts for too long, a few hours yes, but not all day...
outlast_lipstain_lipstick_1.jpg

ooo looks interesting. I've been wanting some lippy, may be that in a natural colour if I see it around

Does it apply well? Or it it a lot of work to get the application right?

It looks like a marker....I imagine like Bec said it might be hard to apply?

it looks kinda cool. i'd probably buy it for the packaging!

I would give it a try if I liked lipstick -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm a gloss/balm kinda girl. The idea is interesting though. I might pick some up to see how I like it.

I have this and love it. I only have 1 color and want to more.

Its much much longer lasting then a lip stick or gloss but does not last all day.

I find it easy to apply unlike other stains I've used in the past. I don't find it drying but I do use gloss over it.

It doesn't seem drying, and having used it for a few days, it is incredibly easy to use! I like it, although I've had other, more long lasting stains.

I am not impressed with them at all. They are not really a true stain like the old Eyeko brand lip pens, which are discontinued. I haven't tried the Avon / Mark cosmetics ones yet, but I have a feeling they are better than the CG ones.

Likey here because it's an innnovative product -- not really a lipstick and not really a lipstain but has qualities of both. It's super light on the lips, you barely feel it on, just like stain. And it has the smoothness of application of a lipstick, you can even build up pigmentation through layering (within reason). Since mat lips are coming back and gloss is starting to take a back seat in runways, this product fits in well for the trendy. Thumbs up from me.

I received one of these from the company to review so here is my review:

So I get it and I open it. reminds me of a marker, dosent really make me feel like I'm about to use a makeup product at all. The packaging, I will give a 2 out of 5. I really wish that a company would revolutionize the way the lipstain looks.

Next I open the lipstain itself..I smell candy....this is a plus, because for the most part, lip products have the potentional to smell horrible. So we will give it a 5 out of 5 for smell.

Time to put it on the lips! Remember when you (if you were a makeup freak like myself) were in Elementary school and you used your Crayola marker to color your lips...EXACT SAME FEELING!! Glides on easily, the way the tip was constructed made it easy to define the lips, didnt bleed through cracks in the lips, very efficent. We will give a 5 out of 5 for application.

Color was another downside. The shade is listed as 'Flirty Nude' but I felt like they should have named it 'Flirty Coral' because this was more of a coralish-reddish feeling than a nude feeling.

Staying power: Comes off easily during eating, drinking, things like that. Washes off easily with just a wet towel, using a gloss on top makes it that much easier to clean off. This is not an 'apply once last all day' sort of product.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif no blotchiness, very even application
smile.gif
That is awesome.

Ooh, i like the sound of this. I think i'll add this to my list of products to try when i'm in the US.

I tried it. In my opinion, it sucks.

Doesn't seem to stay long on my lips.

A bit drying.

I guess everyone's different. d:

I agree with Aprill's review. I think the main problem is it's touted as long wearing but it's not super long wearing.

That being said I still like it. Especially the candy smell!

Latest posts

Back