Who's Your ISP?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We disconnected our old internet service and I used to go thru ATT. I wasn't paying for it, my sister in law was bc she wanted it and it came with wifi. She moved out and we told her to disconnect it bc we didn't need it at the time. Well, now we do and I'm searching for a new provider (we live in a rural area, there's a cow farm down the road lol) but I don't want to pay more than 30 bucks a month. We're hardly home, we don't have phone lines since we all use cells, and I just want it for web surfing, watching movies online, downloading some music or playing online on the xbox, all of which will really only be done on the weekends.

Any advice?

We use Verizon dsl- so we use a phone line.

I doubt we will get rid of the landline for overall safety (if we get an alarm or monitoring for the house, ya have to have a landline), and for updates and movies through Directv and junk like that.

In the end, the landline is cheaper overall than cells. And cells use landline trunk lines anyway.

It's okay, I guess. Sometimes we have connection issues because we have the lower dsl instead of the higher one.

We have cows and horses around us too (You can tell when the weather gets warm by how much you can taste the manure in the air, lol!!), and a corn field behind our development but this area is trying hard to shed its rural roots and building way too fast and too much.

I think we pay something like 60 a month for the phone and dsl bundle (we have no features on the landline- only a dial tone so it's like, 25-30 a month).

If you have cable, you can probably get isp through them.

I doubt you will find anything except dialup or DSL for $30 or less. I use Earthlink and I pay like 60 a month for two lines but it is cable.

Yup I figured as much
frown.gif
. My parents have ATT and they pay 45 bucks but they have several computers hooked up (three.) I just hate the thought of having to pay for something I'll hardly use often.

*sigh* Australia is so far behind in Technology. I hear it's about 10 years!

I pay about $70 a month for Voip and Internet. My ISP (iinet) have decided to cull the offpeak down from 10 Hours to 6. We have 30-30 gig. They used to be pretty good, but now they don't care about their customers and are after a quick buck.

I have ATT dsl and I pay about 30 a month for one of their faster lines of service. You don't have to carry a landline to have DSL service. It's just that the DSL service uses the phone line as a means of transmission. I think their starting rates are $15 a month for basic DSL. A perk is with the DSL service, you get access to ATT wifi hotspots as well. If you do any travelling or just like to hang out at Starbucks then it's pretty convenient. HTH

DSL and Eircom about 30 dollars and it's relatively fast, but I don't think you can get it outside Ireland

Originally Posted by ticki /img/forum/go_quote.gif You don't have to carry a landline to have DSL service. It's just that the DSL service uses the phone line as a means of transmission. That would count as a landline.
yaya.gif
I think she wants an ISP where there doesn't have to be any traditional phone line connection, more like cable or satellite or maybe an air card.

Originally Posted by ticki /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have ATT dsl and I pay about 30 a month for one of their faster lines of service. You don't have to carry a landline to have DSL service. It's just that the DSL service uses the phone line as a means of transmission. I think their starting rates are $15 a month for basic DSL. A perk is with the DSL service, you get access to ATT wifi hotspots as well. If you do any travelling or just like to hang out at Starbucks then it's pretty convenient. HTH ATT does it with no phoneline and it's 42. I'll probly end up doing that anyway just bc I can't get much out here. Thanks everyone for you help! I've looked up the rest such as the satellite or cable but we already have satellite and their internet is too expensive imo.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Comcast cable internet with digital TV... Over $110 a month. same here.. same amount of bill

I use Qwest DSL. I pay about $75 to $80 a month, but that's phone. long distance, internet, and any whatever the stupid taxes are. The internet portion is $25 per month (1.5 mbps).

I use an AT&T Wireless usb wireless internet thingy. It's about $60 a month for unlimited usage, but if I remember correctly, they had a lower priced plan for limited usage that was around $30. There is a charge for the actual device, but I think there is a full rebate for it.

Back