apple crisp

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a very good version of apple crisp. Very good served warm with vanilla ice cream...but good plain also. Recipe says to bake it in 9 X 13 pan, however, I make it in an 8 X 8 pan because I like it thicker. 8 servings (but not in this house).

1 cup all purpose flour 4 cups peeled, cored, sliced apples

1/2 cup white sugar

3/4 cup rolled oats 1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup water

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup butter, melted

1/ preheat oven to 350 (175 degrees C)

2/ in a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir until crumbly. Press half the oat mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover with sliced apples.

3/ In a medium saucepan, combine white sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Cook, stirring, until thick and clear, about 10 minutes. Pour over apples. Cover apples with remaining crumble mixture.

4/ Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until bubbly and golden.

MMMM, making me salivate! Thank you for the recipe, Gail. It looks delicious and I will definitely be trying this one out soon.
icon_biggrin.gif

[qu

ote=Cirean]:icon_love Apple Crisp is my favorite dessert:icon_love

Hi:

I like apple crisp too, expecially this time of year. I think you might like this one because it has crumbs on the top AND the bottom. Actually, I added one or two more apples for good measure. My hubby ate the whole pan of it l

ast nite and I made another one today. I may have to hid it from him!
icon_lol.gif

Let me know if you try it.

Petite Syrah (Gail)

Originally Posted by petite syrah :icon_love Apple Crisp is my favorite dessert:icon_love
Hi:

I like apple crisp too, expecially this time of year. I think you might like this one because it has crumbs on the top AND the bottom. Actually, I added one or two more apples for good measure. My hubby ate the whole pan of it l

ast nite and I made another one today. I may have to hid it from him!
icon_lol.gif

Let me know if you try it.

Petite Syrah (Gail)

I don't think my husband likes apple crisp, I'm so lucky LOL

Sounds yummy! Can I come over?
icon_biggrin.gif
Nothing says "fall" more than homemade apple crisp! And fall is my favorite season!

Hello Eyesdancing:

Sure,come on over! We can eat apple crisp. Also, in your profile, I notice that you list "wine" as an interest. I too am a bit of a wine enthusiast. In that vein, we can choose a great dessert wine to accompany our warm apple crisp. Sound good?

Petite Syrah (Gail)
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Sounds great! Yes I am a wine lover:icon_love...plus it is good for you so we can indulge guilt-free! (ok is th whole bottle still good for you......)

Originally Posted by eyesdancing Sounds great! Yes I am a wine lover:icon_love...plus it is good for you so we can indulge guilt-free! (ok is th whole bottle still good for you......) Great idea! However, I think we have a small problem here..
icon_sad.gif
..you are in Texas and I am in NYC....darn! I'll tell you what....today when I have my before dinner glass of wine, I will toast you. Promise!
Petite Syrah (Gail)

Latest posts

Back