My clothes no-buy!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have kind of already been on a no buy since September for clothes, but I just noticed this forum! I've broken my no-buy 3 times (only 1 or 2 items each time!), but that's not bad considering I was buying clothes weekly before. It's so hard for me to resist! I went into American Eagle a week ago because I was at the mall buying a birthday present for my mom and ended up walking out of there with a $50 dress and a $40 belt.. why?!? Anyways I also have been avoiding shoes, and I'm actually quite proud that I didn't buy a pair of boots this winter! But trust me I tried many on only to later talk myself out of buying them. Yeah so basically I just want to continue on with my clothes and shoes no-buy until I'm done school and my practicum. That means my no-buy will end on May 28th which is 3 days before my birthday! So it's perfect timing! haha. I need to stay strong for the next 4 months!! If only I could give up buying nail polish... i'd be rich... not going to happen!

lol you sound like me, i spend so much on clothes and nail polish! they're my two main expenses! lol. i've been quite good lately and not bought any new clothes for about two weeks now.

Well I'm glad I'm not on a no polish buy because I just picked up 2 Nicole by OPI polishes today Love Your Life and Have A Heart.. so cute! They have little hearts in them! They were also half off.. so really if you think about it I only bought one.....
smile.gif

I'm still doing okay with the no clothes buy though! I'm just avoiding the mall altogether haha.

Good luck! With all this snow I haven't been shopping for clothes since before Christmas....

Haha that's good! We're sure not having a problem with snow here! It feels like spring and spring always makes me want to shop!

Oh no I went on the H&M website and I now want at least 5-10 items that I saw :S

Also I have been dying to go to Forever21 because they just opened one up in Vancouver a couple months ago!

I need to resist! :S

I think I'm going to H&M this weekend... I can't stop myself. Too much stuff I want. :S

Exactly why I never make no buy pledges. Even if I don't see anything I want, there is always something that comes along I want to buy for someone else. I'm just weak like that.
blush.gif

Originally Posted by Chaeli /img/forum/go_quote.gif Exactly why I never make no buy pledges. Even if I don't see anything I want, there is always something that comes along I want to buy for someone else. I'm just weak like that.
blush.gif
Me too!! I'm super weak lol. I went to H&M after school today (like a 45 min drive!! i was determined) and out of all the stuff I wanted to buy there was absolutely nothing in my size! It was for the best though so now its out of my system for a little while. Maybe it was a sign telling me "don't do it"!!!

Thanks! Yeah I've saved quite a bit of money. But I have definitely broken my no buy rule a few times. But they were having a buy one get one free thing on t-shirts at aeropostale so i bought 6 for the price of 3.. good deal at least! lol. Oh and I bought a $12 dress and a $15 shirt. So much better than normal!! I've been avoiding the mall like it's the plague lol.

Latest posts

Back