• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HELP! I need as much make up as possible.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a beginning MUA and have no really good makeup. I have my first shoot next month and very little money to buy more makeup. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to donate make up to me. I will buy the shipping and as much as I can. PM me what you have and how much shipping is. Thanks so much.

You should not be accepting any jobs or trades if you are not prepared for it.

Originally Posted by beby24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You should not be accepting any jobs or trades if you are not prepared for it. this

Agree with Beby and Aprill

Also, using second hand makeup is a lawsuit waiting to happen if you give your client a disease. You have no way of guaranteeing that your used makeup is sanitary.

Taking a risk and using things for personal use is one thing, but if you're potentially risking others, it's a whole other ballgame.

I agree that you shouldn't have accepted a job until you had a kit...unless the shoot is for your port or something, but still. Anyway, there are tons of cheap palettes at places like auraline or coast scents that can get you started. I bet you could get away with spend under $100, just take a bit out of this month's pay check or something?

ETA: Nevermind, just noticed the OP posted in February LOL. I hope she figured out her sitch.

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif He, he. I actually has a great deal to ship. Too bad this is old. omg, i completely had not noticed the original post was from February! rofl

I know right?

But for anybody else who reads this thread it works like this:

1. Build staple kit

2. Accept work to build portfolio

3. Continue building kit

Originally Posted by gstracker /img/forum/go_quote.gif check out salvation army or goodwill. For makeup????

Latest posts

Back