Do you take vitamin supplements?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I was just wondering if many people take vitamins, in tablet or powder form, to supplement their diet.

People building muscle take protein shakes/powders which I have considered before as I want to build more muscle.

I'm currently taking Vitaquench vitamin enhanced water booster as I'm trying to regrow my hair really thick again. It's basically 50% of the RDI of vitamins b1,3,5,6,7,12 and c. It's only 4.5calories and it's really yummy, I usually drink it for my supper.

My mum buys vitamin c tablets for my brother, sometimes I have them, only because they're yummy, I don't need them as I get plenty of fruits lol.

The only vitamin I take is 100 I.U. of Spring Valley Vitamin E.

I sometimes supplement American Whey Banana Flavored Whey Protein for a meal and I take 2400 mg of Nature's Life Malic Acid. I was taking Kroger brand (cheesy I know xD) Magnesium tablets, but moisture got into the bottle, so I tossed them in the trash.

Other than that, I haven't taken a vitamin supplement in a while... I really should however.

I take vitamins (tablets) everyday. Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamin, Calcium, Vitamin D (Autumn/Winter only).

I have a stash of vitamins, because I have phases every so often where I'm like "I need to get fit and healthier!", buy a bunch of vitamins, and then never take them! Most vitamins are kind of big, and I have a hard time swallowing pills, so I always "forget" to take them.

I should really be taking calcium supplements, because I barely eat any dairy.

Hmm I take a multivitamin and cod liver oil for my skin
smile.gif

I do, vitamin C and spirulina. Sometimes, in stressful events i'll add magnesium (right now i'm trying Weleda's Hawthorn juice for stress).

I take only when it's needed. We really don't need most of those since most of vitamins and minerals we need are present in the food that we eat.

Calcium tablet and a glass of orange juice daily. The rest I get through my daily diet.

Originally Posted by chruix /img/forum/go_quote.gif I take only when it's needed. We really don't need most of those since most of vitamins and minerals we need are present in the food that we eat. That's true, and it's a point we should not forget.

I used to take vitamins supplement earlier when i used to work out daily but now i have stoped taking it.

yes i do.and all women have to do once they deliver a baby.calcium content goes low!

I take a multi vitamin, calcium, flaxseed oil (pill form), vitex and Sustenex (pro-biotic) everyday and somedays I'll put have half of an Emergen-C packet in my smoothie. I'm not the best eater so I don't quite get all the nutrients I need from food.

What I take daily;

MSM powder (it is known as the beauty mineral, google MSM to find out it's structure and benefits)

A multi B-vitamin, which excells in B12, but has all the other B-vitamins as well

Q10

PABA

Organic all natural Vitamin C in powder form by The Synergy Company, which I love for it's pure content!

I also like to take Milk Thystle and Evening Primrose Oil

Yes I take vitamin supplements. When it comes to obtaining the micronutrients your body needs, your best possible source is food, especially fruits and vegetables.

But there may be circumstances which can prevent us from eating optimally every day. The main reason I take supplements is for insurance against gaps in my diet. Also, researchers are finding that some important vitamins (D and E particularly) and minerals are protective against disease in amounts that may be difficult to obtain through diet alone, no matter how conscientious you are. This is another reason I take supplements faithfully and encourage my patients to do so as well.

Yes... a multi-vitamin every day and a mega dose of D every week... My endocrinologist found I had a D deficiency... we don't get much sun here...

Maybe you could try light therapy ? I think they do that in the northern european countries, from what i heard it works well.

I am currently taking cinnamon because it helps regulate blood sugar, iron, Vitamin B complex, and Fish oil for my omega-3s.

i take a multi when i think of it. more importantly i take B-12 because of a deficiency found during a recent blood test

Latest posts

Back