Makeup that's made you break out

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
which product(s) has caused you to break out?

for me, none, except i think now my laura mercier primer is the reason why my face is so full of zits. i've NEVER had more than 2 zits at a time. i have to find out if it's that or becca's products because i started using them around the same time. it's really getting on my nerves.

Jennifer try to use them seperately, to see which one caused you the problem! For me the only product that I've ever broke out was Mac's Studio Fix.

Jennifer, I read many bad reviews about LM Primer, that is why I'm not interested to buy it.

Makeup that's made me breakout so far, is Tarte cheek stain and Bobby Brown Apricot shimmer.

Purchased it while ago and I use it only once, it clogged my pores and broke me out around my cheeks.

Yes, definately try using them one at a time to figure out which one is the culprit. The only makeup that has noticably caused me to break out is Bare minerals.

Originally Posted by Trisha nothing apart from MAC fndts had made me break out, sorry the LM doesnt work for you Jennifer! x Trisha which of the Mac fndts had make you break out?

Originally Posted by Trisha all i tried (apart from Face & Body) including Studio Tech, Studio Fix, Select SPF, hence why i wouldnt try another! I asked because I had broke out from Studio Fix too, but from a sample I have of Hyper Real, I had no problem, that's so weird!

I broke out from Bare Escentuals Mineral Foundation (along with major shine). It turns out I am allergic to bismuth which is in that foundation.

I have used a couple other products but in tandem with another and broken out so I can't honestly say which caused the break out.

I broke out recently but I think that's pretty much hormonal - oh yeah!

Originally Posted by Jennifer which product(s) has caused you to break out?
for me, none, except i think now my laura mercier primer is the reason why my face is so full of zits. i've NEVER had more than 2 zits at a time. i have to find out if it's that or becca's products because i started using them around the same time. it's really getting on my nerves.

I think I broke out from the Dream Matte Mousse foundation, not sure though since my skin can be wacky sometimes, and break out even if I don't wear much makeup and keep up with my skincare! It seemed like it was clogging my pores though, which is a pity because I loved the texture and satiny finish. Now I am afraid to try the blushes, but they look so pretty!

Originally Posted by Charmaine No makeup ever really caused me to break out...I think it was my monthly friend that might've done it. Hehe. True here, too. That's why my face cleared after I got on birth control. I wish I wouldn't have waited until I was 26 to start taking it. Stupid me! I probably could have saved myself alot of scars.

I broke out bad from the Dream Matte Mousse foundation too!! It felt great when you put it on but it got really oily and clogged my pores bad!

I can't think of something that made me break out but I think i am allergic to MAC eyeshadows which sucks coz they have just about every color imaginable! at the time i was using a reall harsh acne medication and my whole face was dry and irritated..including my eyelids so i dunno if it was solely the MAC shadows that caused the redness and itchiness...
icon_sad.gif

It's not MU but, any Nutrogena products with sunblock give me lots of pimples.

I've never had problems with makeup causing me to break out, but a ton of skin care products will cause me to break out. Weird thing though, Clinique skin care makes me break out but their foundation doesn't.

i'm gonna stop using my primer for awhile and see if that's the culprit
smile.gif
i'm sure becca's loose powder will set my makeup fine... i hope
icon_neutral.gif

Unfortunately I have VERY sensitive Skin that is very tempermental! Here are products I have tried that gave me less than desirable results....

MAC-Foundations and Blushes give me breakouts on my cheeks and nose.

Bare Minerals- Severely clogged pores, cystic acne and really itchy skin.

Revlon Colorstay- HG for a week. The next week I had pimples on my chin and around my mouth.

Amazing Concealer- What was I thinking??? Mineral Oil is the first ingredient!

LORAC- Loose powder gave me pimples on my cheeks.

Tarte- Tickled Peach Cheek Stain gave me a horrible rash and itchy red bumps.

Pro Activ- Made me have more pimples than I thought I could ever have.

Estee Lauder- Double Matte Foundation and their Tinted Moisturizer gave me breakouts.

Lancome- Cystic Acne from Adaptive Foundation.

Hmmmm.....There's more but I am starting to sound like a Bitter Betty. There are plenty of products that haven't broken me out though!

Originally Posted by Trisha i broke out from that too but if it works for you then cool! i personally didnt like it x Trisha what alternative to Mac's Hyper Real do you suggest?

Here's a few items that have caused me problems -

BE Mineral foundation

Clinique Turn Around Cream

Certain shades of eyeshadow

Mary Kay Brown Endless Performance mascara

Jafra Gel Cleansing Lotion/Jafra Hydrating Lotion

Back