What shampoo/conditioner do you use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Why do you use this particular duo? Do you think it is effective? Are you gonna switch to another product?

Me

Shampoo: Envia Nature's Salon Hydrating Shampoo from Melaleuca

I was given a 32 oz. of this by an aunt and I would say it does hydrate, but I don't think it's worth the $29 it sells for. It doesn't lather very well and it's very thick, which I feel like it leaves a film on my hair. I am on a no buy which is why I havn't bought another one. I am desperately trying to grow my hair. Before I used this I was using Pantene Beautiful Lengths which I loved, so I think I'll go back to that or get Mane N' Tail shampoo which is supposedly known to grow hair faster.

Conditioner: Pantene Restorative Breakage Defense Conditioner

I have been using this for about 6 months now and feel it has prevented and improved my split ends, so I'll continue to use. The only issue is that it doesn't make my hair as shiny as I would like so I'm going to implement a leave-in conditioner into my routine.

Im using FAST now. The other day I was approached by a sales rep and asked if I would donate 6inches of hair to a cancer foundation that provides wigs to those in need. I always thought it had to be virgin hair, but aparently coloured hair is accepted as well. So on a limb in my salon, I had one of the stylists cut off 6.5inches of my hair...Its still at my boobs....but wow do I ever miss my hair. It was for a good cause so I cant really say I regret it. But I sure do miss it! So hence Im using Nisim's FAST to speed up the growth of my hair.

Daily Mirra Volumizing Shampoo: It's less iritatting than 90% of all store brand shampoos i've bought. It also smells great, and is usually on sale at Kroger.

Yes to Tomatoes: Volumizing Conditioner: 100% all natural, smells great, gives volume, makes my hair incredibly soft and doesn't irritate my scalp AT ALL (really rare for me).

aussie volume shampoo and conditioner, and it does bugger all so yes, i'm changing soon! any suggestions for better volumising shampoos?

I use a generic Lavendar and Tea Tree oil shampoo and conditioner from Sally Beauty. Supposed to be comparable to some Paul Michell shampoo...

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif aussie volume shampoo and conditioner, and it does bugger all so yes, i'm changing soon! any suggestions for better volumising shampoos? It's pricey, but right now i'm using Kerastase Bain Volumactive. It's great, i almost don't need a conditioner. I wash my hair every two days, i could go up to 3 if i wanted to, big improvement from one who had to wash her hair every day. And i have volume !

BV00000.png

I was using the Volume Expand shampoo from L'oreal Professionnel but apparently i was the only client using it so my salon stopped selling that line to concentrate on Kerastase. I still suggest you check it out because it's a cheaper option than the Kerastase.

I'm still searching for a shampoo i could use to rotate with this one.

Conditioner : Yes To Carrots conditioner, mostly because it's light on my hair and contains minimal cones.

I'm trying so hard to make my hair shiny and smooth. I use Pantene beautiful lengths shampoo and pantene ice shine conditioner. I think my hair is getting used to it though so I'm going to switch to a different brand when the bottles are empty. At first my hair was really shiny, but now it's just back to its normal lack luster. I was told that Pantene leaves a residue on your hair which builds up which is why its not as shiny as I want after several weeks of use.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's pricey, but right now i'm using Kerastase Bain Volumactive. It's great, i almost don't need a conditioner. I wash my hair every two days, i could go up to 3 if i wanted to, big improvement from one who had to wash her hair every day. And i have volume !

http://www.kerastase.co.uk/img/_en/p...30/BV00000.png

I was using the Volume Expand shampoo from L'oreal Professionnel but apparently i was the only client using it so my salon stopped selling that line to concentrate on Kerastase. I still suggest you check it out because it's a cheaper option than the Kerastase.

I'm still searching for a shampoo i could use to rotate with this one.

Conditioner : Yes To Carrots conditioner, mostly because it's light on my hair and contains minimal cones.

I love Keratase products. They all make me feel like I'm at a spa and they work so well. I havn't tried many though because they are so expensive.

I'm currently in love with Phyto. But, it really doesn't lather much, but to me that is a good thing. I could tell a major difference within the first week. And I don't use a conditioner in the shower that washes out, now just one that is a leave-in. My hair is a lot less frizzy now.

redken, the extreme line. has done WONDERS for my damaged hair. if you process your hair in anyway, switching from drug store to salon brand hair products are the best investment you can make. hair is worth it to invest money in, think about how good shiny, healthy hair can make a girl look!

I have used Pantene products on and off for years, and I always come back to it. I find that it works really well for me, and can't go wrong with the price.

I'm currently in love with Pantene Full & Thick Shampoo, I love the way it smells and it gives me body and managability. I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't need a daily conditioner so once or twice every two weeks I use the Pantene 5 Minute Strengthening Mask which keeps my ends super healthy but not necessary for daily use.

currently i am using brilliant brunette and its pretty good
smile.gif
i cant remember what brand it is though... hmm

I am using Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena for my shampoo. It's ok. I'm definitely not loving it, although it does smell amazing.

For my conditioner I'm using Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri Wheat Leave in. I like it. My hair seems shinier!! HTH!

Herbal Essences Pin Straight shampoo and conditioner. I used to use Pantene shampoos and conditioners but I went to a salon once and the woman there said that Pantene was really bad for your hair because it looks like it is doing good at first, but after time it weighs your hair down and leave a lot of unwanted residue in your hair. She said to try Herbal Essences because they are really good for your hair as well as cheap.

I am an Ojon girl at the moment and probably will be for a long time to come because these are my HG hair products. I mostly use Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner or the Tawaka duo and I always use the Restorative Oil treatment.

Originally Posted by easton_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Herbal Essences Pin Straight shampoo and conditioner. I used to use Pantene shampoos and conditioners but I went to a salon once and the woman there said that Pantene was really bad for your hair because it looks like it is doing good at first, but after time it weighs your hair down and leave a lot of unwanted residue in your hair. She said to try Herbal Essences because they are really good for your hair as well as cheap. This is crazy, because I heard the opposite! I used Herbal Essences and my stylist said not to use it, because it had to much alkaline or something.

I either use AG Tech Two shampoo for color treated hair or Prairie Naturals Indian Summer Shampoo (Sulfate Free) for color treated hair.

For conditioner I use KMS Silk Sheen.

I think all three are good. I switch between the two shampoos. The sulfate free shampoo seems to make my color last longer. The KMS conditions, adds a nice sheen to my hair but doesn't weigh it down.

Back