Which Flat Iron Do You Use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What kind of flat iron do you girls use?! Would you reccomend it?

I just have a Remington Wet to Straight. It is not a high quality flat iron, but I have had it for a long long time and it really is great with my hair! It is kind of a bigger iron, I know a lot now are the smaller ones, but my hair doesn't seem to like the littler ones. I can never get my hair to straighten when I use those kinds, so I guess I'm stuck with what I have! I haven't ever used it when my hair was wet though, cause I feel like its bad for my hair. Anyway, lets hear from you!

Oh, I just looked at my iron (something I obviously haven't done since I got it..) and it is color coded. If you turn it to blue, it is for your dry hair, purple is for damp hair and red is for wet hair. I put it on red everyday, cause I thought that meant it was at the hottest setting!.... Oops.
smile.gif

I use the Ti Creative Styling Cruise Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron in the Purple Leopard colour. It also came with the limited edition heat-proof pouch which is really handy because I don't have to wait for the iron to cool down before I put it away. I really like this flat iron because it heats up really fast and the highest heat setting is 450 F. Also I use it to curl and wave/texturize my hair. I would definitely recommend it
smile.gif

I use a Rusk 2 inch flat iron - heats up within a minute or two and is very effective.

Never used the "wet to Dry" so I can't vouch for its effectiveness there.

Otherwise, highly recommend it.

I've been using the Hot Tools Ceramic flat iron for 4+ years and it's on its last leg. I would recommend it for sure. I'm looking into getting a Chi for when this one dies on me.

hot-tools-ceramic-flat-iron.gif

yeah i have heard a lot about the chi flat iron! what makes it so great compared to the rest?

I LOVE my CHI

!!!!!!!

its the best that i've ever had, and i've had a few.

I love how silky it makes my hair and not static like.

Babyliss, I've had it for 4 years as well and it's dying on me. On the lookout for a new one.

Right now I'm using a Sedu. Works really good for me, my hair is always stick straight and soft. I used to have a CHI but it didn't have a temp control so it got too hot for my fine thin hair. I've used cheaper irons before and I can tell the difference with the higher end ones. I think it is worth spending a little bit more money on IMO.

I use the GVP from Sally's. It is the generic comparison to the Chi. The only difference is that it lets you set the temperature. I like it and it is only $79.00.

solia, got it online on sale like 2 years ago. it was my first high quality iron, im not sure how it compares to something way more expensive but its a good straightener!

I use a GHD. I am in love with it. It straightens, it curls, it's my hairs best friend!

how much are GHD's?? man i need a new one soo badly, i just dont have the money right now. im in the process of updating my make up, so i will have to get to that later.

im worried to get a small one cause so far none have really straightend my hair...

I've had my CHI flat iron for 3 years! It's still going strong and I LOVE it! Get's very hot, very fast and it's easy to use. I highly recommend it, although I don't know if they still make it.

Hmmm well I'm from AUstralia and it was about $300. I would imagine in the states it would be about half that. I'd go look on their website and check it out. It's worth the expense though, it does a wonderful job.

I have a Sedu. I love it!! It only takes me ten minutes and my hair always looks so shiny.

I have a Karmin G3 and I'm absolutely obsessed. It's the best one I've tried and I wasted so much money trying many before it
smile.gif

I have a GHD my second one after my first melted and sparked! Not good! I will be buying a new one asap

Latest posts

Back