Want to loose weight? Buy a corset!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I still can't believe I lost 11 pounds in just over 2 weeks. And a lot of it is because I bought the book "The Belly Fat Cure" that Dayna (Hoozey) told me about but I also wore a tight corset 24/7 for the last 3 weeks... And I really did'nt know how much of the weight loss was what I ate or how much I ate till today.. I did eat better according to the books guidelines but I also ate a lot less and exercised more.. Today I'm not wearing my corset and I feel like I want to eat everything in site!! When I was wearing it I have little appetite and got full fast when I did eat.. Soooo.. The way I see it.. It like an external gastric bypass... Squeezes your stomach enough you can't eat as much and you won't want to.

I'm not saying to do something like this....

corset1.jpg

But just enough restriction to curb your appatite...

Anyone ever try this?

Lol !! No i never tried a corset, because i want one matching me perfectly, which means tailored, and it costs a good amount of money here.

But i suppose the corset can work as a diet accessory, after all it compresses all the digestive organs so if your stomach has less space to expand, logically you eat less. Also, for that same reason you cannot drink any beverage containing bubbles, which also helps you having a flatter belly.

Lol, that picture made me think about that girl i saw on tv years ago, she dreamed of having a waist so small she could wrap her hands around it and make her fingers touch each other, and it was really sickening to watch. She had the appetite of an anorexic fish and frankly she didn't look very well either.

Plus if you constrict your body too much, you also risk breaking a few bones
tocktock.gif

If it worked for you it may work for others. I wouldn't try it because I for 1 couldn't bare wearing that all day and 2 is it really safe?

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif appetite of an anorexic fish
tocktock.gif
this comment caught me by surprise!

lol Karren...

I agree with Mags, corsets are too expensive here.

What about willpower?

Oh wait, that wouldn't work...
wink.gif

I wore the Spanx underwear, which was pretty tight on me, so I could feel it the entire time, but it didn't bug me to the point where I wanted to rip it off. The Spanx made me conscious of my stomach and I ate less because I was more aware of the fact that I was wearing a girdle... and who wants to wear a freaking girdle for the rest of their lives? Not me.

best weight loose tips:

Never give up, even after you have failed a few times. When you fail, start over. Watch

those TV programs like “The Biggest Loser” or “Celebrity Fit Club”, because they are great

motivators.

Rewards! New clothes make awesome rewards for weight loss. Going out with friends (but not

for anything food related) is a great reward.

Weigh yourself but also take your measurements. Sometimes your scale won’t budge but your

waistline will.

Get enough sleep – that’s the first and most important step. Without sleep, it’s harder to

plan your meals, to exercise, or to consciously eat healthy.

Tell others your goals. Not only will you then have someone else also expecting you to

perform but you’ll gain a cheering section!

I LOVE my spanx !! i agree i eat a ton less with it on.. but i dunno about exercising with it on? or did i read that part wrong?

i Bought & Love my Corset from Pink corset & WOW Not only does it make my figure As well as posture better it curbes my appetite I LLLLLLLLLooooooooooooVVVVVEEE it lol Your supposed to wear a few hours everyday I lasted a week lol But I wear it every once in awhile still & Im always asked wow did you lose wait your waist is so small lol

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol Karren...
I agree with Mags, corsets are too expensive here.

What about willpower?

Oh wait, that wouldn't work...
wink.gif

Mine were $50.... not the $500 good ones... and What's willpower? (coming from someone who ate a half a bag of Cadburys chocolate mini-eggs last night.... )

I think I would have a major belly ache,if I wear my jeans to tight i feel like im gonna die!!

weight problems:

It’s because the secret to attaining a slimmer, thinner you – that stays that way, must first happen in your mind. Sure, you hope and wish for it to happen. You probably long longingly at various celebrities and people you know and wish your figure looked more like theirs. It’s only natural. But it goes deeper than that.

Most people who struggle with weight have deep-seated beliefs about themselves, about coping with life and about food that are holding them back from attaining long-lasting change. What’s more, many people have developed bad habits and compulsions that virtually guarantee they will return to a heavier weight despite how much exercise and dieting they’re engaged in.

Well my will power isn't what it should be! If I'm hungry I will eat.. And over a week without wearing a corset and I've gained 3 pounds but over the last 4 days I have not gained and am trying hard to reduce from here... Maybe a corset is a mental crutch but I am not hungry and get full quicker wearing one.. And there is no pain just a sense of tightness.. Depending on how tight you pull the laces!

Exactly Karren. Just like pills, being on a weight lost plan, etc... this is just another option people have. I'm glad it works for you ;-)

Agreed. A corset is very helpful in sliming the waist and improving posture. I luuurve mine ;3

Oh I am so trying this! Monet you said "Pink corsets" what about you Karren where did you get yours? Man, I'll try anything ha ha ha ha I am so doing this!

I forgot to post this a month ago but I wore a girdle all day (special occasion) and when I ate, I only ate maybe 1/2 of everything. I was stuffed!

Latest posts

Back