Has anyone seen this? Tokidoki at Sephora

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
5971_hero.jpg

p.gif

p.gif

Mischief abounds in the magical world of tokidoki, where one glance is never enough. Creator and Italian artist Simone Legno brings his cult-favorite designs and colorful interpretation of life to a new makeup and accessories line that exposes the criminally cute and irresistibly edgy sides of beauty. Presented exclusively at Sephora, this Japanese-inspired collection captures the true spirit of tokidoki: Every day brings another opportunity to dream.

The stuff looks cute, the colors look pretty, but I wonder what the quality is like. There are some eye shadow quads, and individual eye shadows in packages that are shaped like that skull. This would be one I'd have to see in person. Looks like if you love anime AND make-up, this is for you!

i was just in sephora on thursday and didn't see anything like that, however i probably just over looked it
smile.gif

It DOES look cute. I'm looking more at it now. So far my favorite is a nude lipgloss called Donutella. Ha! What a cute play on words! Now I want to go get some Nutella and a spoon! AND that lipgloss.

It looks like it would probably be fairly kiddish looking, so I don't know if I'd go look at it if I saw it in-store. But the colors look REALLY fun. Like 14 awesome glitter eye liners, about that many eye shadows...looks really fun. Now if the pigmentation and quality is good too!

I think Smashbox a while (good while) ago has a tokidoki collection, they had beautiful lipglosses i should have bought.

I was at Sephora today...I saw make up cases with the design but no actual make up line.

Smashbox did do a tokidoki collection 2 years ago. I am totally excited to see more!

Okay... I am sort of in love with the entire line.

the lipglosses taste like blueberries, and the eyeshadow pots are skull and crossbones, SUPER pigmented, in outrageous colors. they have these felt eyeliners that dry in microseconds that are also in outrageously awesome colors and apply like japanese Sumi brushes.

Plus you can't beat the graphics... SO adorable.

I tried some of this at Sephora last weekend. I only tried one of the e/s singles and I didn't think it was very pigmented, but I didn't mess with it too long. But I tried two of the e/s quads and LOVED them! The colors were so pretty, and I wanted to buy one, even though I have tons of purple shadows! Didn't get the chance to try anything else since my sister was getting antsy to leave. But the colors were fun and the packaging was really cute too!

The collection is really cute, but I'm not sure about how good the product will be. I've heard mixed reviews about the e/s singles. I'm thinking about trying the eyeliner...I've been looking for glittery eyeliner and it's pretty cheap. Anyone tried those yet?

all the shadows i swiped were reaaly gorgeous!! interesting. i didnt try the glitter liners, but i will tomorrow!

I bought the purple glitter liner, I will use it today and report back. I love everything, with the exception of the gloss. All those pretty colors and they were ALL sheer! Even the dark purple one. I bought it anyway because I'm a toki fan. I hope they redo the formula because that is really weak.

To me the pen liners are the collection standouts. They are all opaque and go on easily without any streaking. I'll be buying that and the lipstain this weekend with the Sephora coupon.

Oh no....I'm such a sucker for cute packaging! This stuff is sending out retractor cords and wrapping around my bod and wallet and dragging me in to spend....nooooooooooooo! I'll be checking this post all the time now for more reviews of the product's performance. Just love it when it works and its cute too!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I saw the display at Sephora and I was totally uninterested. Looks kinda gimmicky to me.

Back