Sugarpill cosmetics?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They fall into that same ole category with Lime Crime IMO...I have seen a flood of spam FOTD's on livejournal with that product and I've honestly seen better for a price such as that company's. The pan shadows are pigmented but for 12 bucks I can add 2.50 and get a MAC, and the loose shadows look sheer to me.

Originally Posted by Ricci /img/forum/go_quote.gif So Aprill ,you are saying its crappy quality? Lol thats what i wanna know?

i think she is saying that it is okay, but there is better out there...?

yEAH i HAVENT TRIED IT But I was kinda thinkin like april on that it sort of reminds me of lime crime!!!!

Its not crappy quality, but it aint MUFE....and most of her reviews are by friends and not neutral parties...including temptalia...all friends so the reviews are biased IMO. I would love to get a review from a real neutral party...not people i see her being bff's with in one community and they post a review and say they dont know her....

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Its not crappy quality, but it aint MUFE....and most of her reviews are by friends and not neutral parties...including temptalia...all friends so the reviews are biased IMO. I would love to get a review from a real neutral party...not people i see her being bff's with in one community and they post a review and say they dont know her.... That is embarrasing.

Actually, a lot of reviews are not only from friends, but they also got it for free, so they'd have to have a positive review. However, I've also seen some reviews from people that bought it themselves that liked what she had to offer. A lot of reviewers also seem to be her fans, not that they're necessarily untruthful just because of that.

My one qualm with it is that all of her colors seem bright, primary and not all that uncommon from many brands these days. I was really excited when it first came out, but now I can only think of maybe two items I might buy. Afterall, how many bright matte colors can you wear? Would you wear it every day? Maybe if I was more of an addict, I'd buy it all. I was never much into rainbow eyelids.

Many review have been sparked by Lime Crime haters, for your information. Not to say the quality isn't good, but there may be some underlying bias in there.

I ordered three pressed eyeshadows (poison plum, dollypop, and buttercupcake) and I love them! Poison plum is similar to MUFE's purple eyeshadow but is waaaay easier to blend and doesn't stain my eyelid a bright pink. I tend to use buttercupcake more than MUFE's bright matte yellow eyeshadow. It may not be as bright, but I don't need to use a white cream base for it to show up and doesn't look chalky. The quality is way better than what I expected and is worth the price. To tell you the truth, I use Sugarpill more often lately than MUFE, which is my favorite brand eyeshadow.

Amy lives in my area and I've seen her in person.. I think it was a Marilyn Manson concert? Anyway, she's adorable. I've purchased Kryolan from her on ebay several times and I really like using theatrical makeup when I am going out. I was pretty surprised she started her own makeup line because I thought she was really into Kryolan!? I love Petrilude, so I would like to see his vid on this product.

WOW ive never heard of any of these brands! Thanks everyone im gonna take a look see!
smile.gif

Fairly speaking: I never bought anything from this site though i've heard rave reviews. I do think there's a reason why their shadows are so popular. but I am echoing from some people's speculations above regarding Sugarpill mainly got through words of mouths from friends, but I think some indie brands do that... Yes, so there're underlying bias there, but if you think the products are greater than that, awesome!

Here's a post comparing MUFE and Sugarpill: Makeup Addiction Overload: Sugarpill Cosmetics- Swatches & Comparison to MUFE

Bottom line: if you're into theatrical makeup and wanted to invest in MUFE or BEN NYE, Sugarpill is a great competitor judging by all those swatches and reviews. I don't think they're expensive compared to high brands. However, I doubt i would buy them because 1. I am not into loud bright theatrical makeup. 2. i can buy my loose powders from Fyrinnae for less (and I really don't see myself finish any of 4gram of products by SP!) LOL

I know I am new, but I research the crap out of anything I buy online. Lime Crime is never coming in my house. I know that's for certain. I just bought about 5 pots of Shrinkle's SugarPill loose shadows.

I will know for def. which is a fave when they get here, but for now I can say I am happy for my choice. Someone broke down the price per oz comparison and she's by far the least expensive.

I have to agree that most of the colors are primary based, so you're going to find dupes to match somewhat, but I also have to figure that she JUST opened her business this year so I will give her time. lol

Back