How bad do you want it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
Some things I want so bad I'll dream about buying it. Sometimes in my dreams I'll be trying to buy an item, but something keeps getting in the way of me buying it.

My craving is dead. Real dead right now
frown.gif

Makeup! Sometimes I can't stop thinking about an item until I have it, I've even lost sleep over thinking about my next day's haul.

What say you? What stories do you have to share?

I saw this highlighter by the balm today at Sephora and im kicking myself for not buying it....like all day ive just been thinking about how awesome it woulda been!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I always kick myself for not picking something up when I had the chance. I aways end up going back for it. Yeah, I end up obsessing about an item until I get a chance to get my hands on it.

Originally Posted by akathegnat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I always kick myself for not picking something up when I had the chance. I aways end up going back for it. Yeah, I end up obsessing about an item until I get a chance to get my hands on it. Totally agree with you on this one. I'll obsess over it dwell on it and then just end up going back and getting it.

ya know, that is how i know i want something bad enough. i'll obsess over it and wont be able to stop thinking about what if i had it and stuff! if i am still wanting it the next day, i'll go get it!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that goes crazy until I have it. Once I find something I want, I can't rest until that product is mine. I obsess so much that sometimes I lose sleep over it. It's like a constant craving I can never satisfy, because no sooner do I go out and buy what I was dwelling on, it's not long before I want something else again.

i'm the worst for getting a lemming for something. it can last MONTHS. i've wanted revlon photoready since you guys got it at the end of last year, and FINALLY it should be delivered to me tomorrow. i'm still super excited about it.

Whew--so glad to know I'm not alone! And unfortunately, I don't live near ANY good counters/stores, so almost everything I get has to be ordered online, or I have to wait until I can go to the Twin Cities to see my sister. And then I'll make a list because god forbid I drive all the way up there, and then forget to look at something on my list.

Sometimes it's just the fact that I HAVE to HAVE something, or buy it, and then once I have, I don't necessarily want it. Case in point--the Nars palette that Leti got at TJMaxx. I had seen that at Sephora and liked the IDEA of it, then once Leti found it at TJ, I HAD to go look. I found it there, looked at it, and somewhere in me I knew that while pretty, those colors would just not work for me. But I bought it anyway. Used it once and I was right. So now it sits, in the box, unused. That was 30 dollars I could have spent on something else but I HAD to have it. I guess now I know how a smoker/drinker/gambler feels--it isn't necessarily good for me but I can't stop!

I'm am deff right there with you... and its worst when i can give an excuse like "oh ill use it, and if i dont i will for work" since i have my full kit for freelance .. sigh i have no self controll, i think id rather buy makeup then spent money on junk food.. like i know i have money to get lunch at the food court, but id rather hit the makeup stores

I don't dream or get obsessed (just a little
laughing.gif
), but i will go back to that product over and over again at Sephora, try it out, see if it really suits me... Eventually if i really like it i'll get it, but i don't feel like i need to buy it immediately, if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by danixcalifornia /img/forum/go_quote.gif ... because no sooner do I go out and buy what I was dwelling on, it's not long before I want something else again. Oh my gosh, isn't that the way it always happens??

I had my moments. There was a time I really wanted a certain foundation and I had to get it that day otherwise I would've been a grouch all day.

I was doing things with my boyfriend
love5.gif
and for a couple of minutes I was thinking that someone would accept my request for a swap for a nars blush
laughing.gif

Its just one of my obsessions... And according to my wife I have a lot! Lucky for me I rotate them dailt.. Obsession of the day! Lol.

Back